Comments

Comments

• Don
    July 17, 2011 - 16:05

Time for MHA's to spend more time with their families. Most I know are glory seekers and hardly know their kids names......as long as they are in the spotlight. Get a life boys. Looks at John Dinn.....3 pensions and the crowd in the Goulds still think the can't live without him!!!

• Mark
    July 17, 2011 - 14:18

Between elections, the MHA's job is to peel carrots. During elections the MHA's job is to dangle them.

• gord
    July 16, 2011 - 17:24

i live in st.johns south and am not on social assistance. Over the years me and my family had some issues that we brought to Tom and he helped us out tremendously......keep up the good work Tom

• TAXPAYER
    July 16, 2011 - 13:49

90% of his time on social assistance? So basically those of us who do pay taxes are paying him 100 large a year to only help the people out there who don't? Wonderful.

• Randy
    July 16, 2011 - 13:17

This doesn't seem like much work to me -fill out a form for someone or telling them to call this or that place..Seems to me Tom's district is taylor made for an ndp'er. Tom had a brief stay in cabinet ,untill Danny realized he wasn't cut out for an important job,same went for Shella.. They say he's a nice guy, Who wouldn't be for makeing his kind of money ,

• Moe St.Cool
    July 16, 2011 - 08:10

As the the majority of St.John's South is welfare and old people, if Tom O keeps doing this, he will get relected till he's 103 years old.

• John
      July 16, 2011 - 10:56

I am still at a loss to understand why NL needs so many of these MHAs. I live in Saskatchewan and we have more than twice the number of residents as NL but only nine more seats in our legislature at 57. Yes, this is a TOTAL WASTE OF TAXPAYERS MONEY.

• Lisa
      July 17, 2011 - 09:00

Not ALL of SJ's South is on welfare or old.... I am under 40, doing quite well for myself and living in a nice neighborhood in SJ's South. Not all successful young people chose to live in the burbs... some of still appreciate what old SJ's has to offer! And we don't have to worry about getting stuck in traffic on the Outer Ring trying to get to work every morning. SJ's South is a great neighborhood and full of young professionals!

• Politics is all about . . .
    July 16, 2011 - 08:09

Politics is all about convincing reporters to write stories about nothing like this one with your name in it. Did Tommy have to pay the Torygram for this puff piece? When did Rupert Murdoch take over the paper anyway?

• Really, Now
    July 16, 2011 - 06:44

$100 G's to use my work BlackBerry to make visits and fill out forms electronically for people and "check on things"?? Where do I sign up??!!