MONCTON, N.B. - Schools in Moncton are reopening today after being closed last week after the shooting deaths of three Mounties and a 30-hour manhunt that put much of the city under a virtual siege.
Constables Dave Ross, Fabrice Gevaudan and Douglas Larche were gunned down after responding to a report of a man with firearms in a residential neighbourhood of Moncton on Wednesday.
Greg Ingersoll, the superintendent for the Anglophone East school board, says all schools in the city will receive counselling and support.
He says nine facilities that were in the lockdown area or with a personal connection to the officers will receive additional access to guidance counsellors, psychologists and social workers.
Plans are also underway for a regimental funeral service for the three officers Tuesday at the Moncton Coliseum.
Justin Bourque, 24, is facing three charges of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder.
He was arrested shortly after midnight Friday, and after a brief court appearance on Friday his case was adjourned until July 3.