MONCTON, N.B. - One of the two RCMP officers in New Brunswick wounded in shootings last month in Moncton says he has returned to work.
Const. Eric Dubois spoke to the media Wednesday for the first time since the June 4 shootings while he was participating at a golf tournament at Royal Oaks Golf Club in Moncton.
The tournament was organized in memory of the three other Mounties who were killed in the shootings.
Dubois says he is recovering from his injuries faster than he expected and was happy to participate in the tournament, which featured a moment of remembrance for constables Fabrice Gevaudan, Dave Ross and Doug Larche.
The three officers were shot dead and a manhunt spanning 30 hours ensued until a suspect was arrested.
Justin Bourque is charged with three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder.
He is scheduled to return to provincial court Thursday following a psychiatric assessment.