Two Halifax students displaced after fire at south-end university residence

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

HALIFAX - Halifax fire officials say two students have been displaced after a fire at a south-end university residence today.

Division commander Bryson Wilson says officials were called to the Dalhousie University residence on South Street around 10 a.m.

Wilson says the small blaze was located in the wall of one of the units near the entrance of the building.

He says about 25 to 30 people were evacuated and the street was shut down for about an hour.

Wilson says the unit received minor damage and no one was injured.

He says the fire was caused by an electrical heater in the wall.

Organizations: Dalhousie University

Geographic location: South Street

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page