The Canadian Diabetes Association would like to extend a most sincere thank you to the Relic Riders for their continued generous support of our provincial children’s camping program. Their community spirit and genuine commitment to making a difference in the lives of children living with Type 1 diabetes is truly inspiring! The 11th annual Show ‘N Shine was held in Carbonear in July and raised $5,200 in support of Camp Douwanna. Their financial support has amounted to more than $47,000.
Members of the motorcycle group presented Jay Parrell and Morgan Tobin, Camp Douwanna Staff with the proceeds from the event. — Submitted photo
- Read more special articles:
- Community Heroes: June Bickham Memorial Ride raises $8K for Dr. H. Bliss Murphy foundation
- Community Heroes: Hailey shaves again!
- Community Heroes: $800K from Hibernia supports Fortune Head Interpretation Centre
- Community Heroes: Law firm donates bike helmets in support of brain injury prevention