CST and its network of Ultramar service stations are pleased to present $36,981.96 to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation, Atlantic region. Last October, which was Breast Cancer Awareness Month, 1¢ per litre of supreme gasoline sold at Ultramar service stations was handed over to the Foundation.
Furthermore, customers could add $1 donation onto their purchase and coin boxes were displayed for voluntary contributions. Similar campaigns were held simultaneously in Quebec and Ontario. Overall, these activities were responsible for raising $351,990.83 throughout Eastern Canada.
(From left) Bill McQuillan, Atlantic zone manager, CST; Elizabeth Smith, director, development of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation Atlantic; Ron Dawson, zone co-ordinator, CST; along with team members of CST Atlantic. — Submitted photo
- Read more special articles:
- Community Heroes: June Bickham Memorial Ride raises $8K for Dr. H. Bliss Murphy foundation
- Community Heroes: Hailey shaves again!
- Community Heroes: $800K from Hibernia supports Fortune Head Interpretation Centre
- Community Heroes: Law firm donates bike helmets in support of brain injury prevention