The Dr. H. Bliss Murphy Cancer Care Foundation received $20,000 donation from the Green Bay South Education Centre, a donation designated for the foundation’s Patient and Family Support Fund — a program that assists cancer patients and their families from across Newfoundland and Labrador with cancer treatment-related expenses.
The Dr. H. Bliss Murphy Cancer Care Foundation received $20,000 donation from the Green Bay South Education Centre. — Submitted photo
The fund’s primary objective is to help adult cancer patients and their families identify government programs and services that may be able to provide financial support. If no alternate programs are identified, the fund may provide limited financial assistance to patients who are experiencing financial hardship as a result of a cancer diagnosis. In the last two years, the Patient and Family Support Fund has provided $262,113 in financial assistance to 951 cancer patients and their families in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Read more special articles:
- Community Heroes: June Bickham Memorial Ride raises $8K for Dr. H. Bliss Murphy foundation
- Community Heroes: Hailey shaves again!
- Community Heroes: $800K from Hibernia supports Fortune Head Interpretation Centre
- Community Heroes: Law firm donates bike helmets in support of brain injury prevention
(From left) Capt. Wilfred Bartlett (Ret.) past chairman of the Green Bay South Education Centre and cancer survivor presents the gift to Dr. Jonathan Greenland, radiation oncologist and social workers Bill Haynes, Elaine Holden and Paula Newhook at the Dr. H. Bliss Murphy Cancer Centre. — Submitted photo