Lions of District N-4, (53 clubs located in the eastern portion of the province from Gander to Pouch Cove), have worked to support those living with diabetes. Through various projects, such as the Lions Journey for Sight, during which Lions collect sponsors for a walk, and a Diabetes Cavalcade, an event to raise funds for and awareness of diabetes, $7,959.12 was raised.
Shown here (from left) are Lion Jennifer Hutchings, past cabinet secretary-treasurer District N-4; Lion Harry Harding, district governor, and Carol Ann Smith, regional director of the Canadian Diabetes Association. ‚ÄĒ Submitted photo
- Read more special articles:
- Community Heroes: June Bickham Memorial Ride raises $8K for Dr. H. Bliss Murphy foundation
- Community Heroes: Hailey shaves again!
- Community Heroes: $800K from Hibernia supports Fortune Head Interpretation Centre
- Community Heroes: Law firm donates bike helmets in support of brain injury prevention