Wood Group PSN (WGSPN), along with Subcontractor’s, CSL and NSA, use a STOP (Safety Training Observation Program) workplace safety program to help promote safety on the Hibernia Platform. The workers on the Hibernia platform have taken the STOP program further by creating the “STOP for Charity” program whereby the workers raise awareness for workplace safety, while raising funds for a selected charity on a quarterly basis. For every STOP card, which is the reporting mechanism of the program, submitted by Wood Group PSN, NSA or CSL construction personnel, 50 cents is donated to a charity selected by the offshore construction group. Since initiating the program in 2013, participation in this program has doubled, raising awareness for workplace safety and providing charities with the much-needed support. The Canadian Cancer Society – NL Division was the charity of choice and received $1, 011.50 from this quarter’s “STOP for Charity.“
Shown here (from left) Al Pelley of the Red Cross receives the cheque from Ken Corbett, WGPSN Hibernia project lead; Chris Lewis – Magna HSE adviser; Tyrone Snow, WGPSN Hibernia onshore implementation lead and Max Phillips, Magna electrical technician. — Subitted photo
- Read more special articles:
- Community Heroes: June Bickham Memorial Ride raises $8K for Dr. H. Bliss Murphy foundation
- Community Heroes: Hailey shaves again!
- Community Heroes: $800K from Hibernia supports Fortune Head Interpretation Centre
- Community Heroes: Law firm donates bike helmets in support of brain injury prevention