During the month of February, Chevron Canada’s staff in St. John’s collected $7,600 in cash and food via various volunteer events in the St. John’s office. Staff also participated in the annual oil and gas industry food drive on March 1 at Dominion stores in St. John’s. The $7,600 in funding and food was recently presented to Eg Walters, general manager of the Community Food Sharing Association. The contribution will be distributed to many of the 56 food banks throughout Newfoundland and Labrador. — Submitted photo
Chevron Canada staff
- Read more special articles:
- Community Heroes: June Bickham Memorial Ride raises $8K for Dr. H. Bliss Murphy foundation
- Community Heroes: Hailey shaves again!
- Community Heroes: $800K from Hibernia supports Fortune Head Interpretation Centre
- Community Heroes: Law firm donates bike helmets in support of brain injury prevention