Lions of the Waterford Hospital Club, in upholding their motto “We Serve,” recently made a donation of $5,000 to Lions Foundation of Canada. This organization, known as LFC, has been changing lives for more than 30 years by providing dog guides to Canadians with a medical or physical disability.
— Submitted photo
Currently, canine vision, hearing ear, service, seizure response, autism assistance and diabetic alert dog guides are made available to those needing assistance, at no cost to the individual. This donation from the Waterford Hospital Lions Club will sponsor a canine vision dog guide. Canine vision dog guides help increase the mobility and self-confidence of people who are blind or visually impaired by enabling their handlers to travel safely through crowded areas, traffic and around obstacles. Shown here at the presentation Lion Pat Bursey, District N-4 Chair, Lions Foundation of Canada, accepts the donation from Lion President John Pearce, accompanied by members of the Waterford Hospital Lions Club.
- Read more special articles:
- Community Heroes: June Bickham Memorial Ride raises $8K for Dr. H. Bliss Murphy foundation
- Community Heroes: Hailey shaves again!
- Community Heroes: $800K from Hibernia supports Fortune Head Interpretation Centre
- Community Heroes: Law firm donates bike helmets in support of brain injury prevention