Comments

Comments

• Kay
    September 25, 2013 - 19:26

French can hold his head high? The town of CBS is a mess. Try driving through there and look at the new subdivisions. There has been zero planning - houses are thrown everywhere. There is no infrastructure to support the growing town - no sidewalks, recreational facilities (aside from the mentioned new stadium) and the roads are terrible. Good riddance I say.

• mo
    September 25, 2013 - 18:22

Wow - Ken McDonald sure booted Woody out of town in fine style!! I guess residence got tired of Woody's arrogant style, and wanted somebody with their feet firmly planted on the ground, and really listening to what the residents want and need. Hopefully the new Council will re-think some of the current plans, many of which are quite dated, and set a new list of priorities for our Town.

• Jocko
    September 25, 2013 - 11:23

Nothing will change. McDonald cannot stop all the projects currently in progress as some seem to think. Once he looks at the books and see the problem he as to do the same as anyone else did or would have done. You can't step into to office and stop the Gateway project, as the town as to much invested into it. You cannot stop the building of a new town hall, it's already to far along. Having read some of the letters to the editor in the Shoreline many people here in CBS seem to think these projects were ill informed and they should be reversed. Well your golden boy will be a big disappointment, if that's what you're expecting of him. He will have to toe the line like all others. Council is not a one man show. I wish him the best of luck but we all know change is hard to accomplish. Talk to me in 4 years time and I'll give you my opinion of McDonald. Until then I hope he does better than the last crowd.

• Eli
      September 26, 2013 - 13:13

We're counting on his commitment to accountability. Let it all hang out Ken.

• Buddy
    September 25, 2013 - 10:01

Oh my!, no more discounts because I'm the mayor of CBS, paying for my own gas, no more free cellphone, and the worst punishment, either staying home or paying for my own travels. That's not part of my resume. How will I live after 8 freeloading years. Ungrateful peasants.

• JD
    September 25, 2013 - 08:49

“Certainly I had nothing to be ashamed of,” he said. “We’ve got a new stadium, we’ve had over $100 million come into the town, a new town hall underway, a new fire station underway.” Seriously? That's it. I think a town with the 2nd largest population can do more than just that. Instead you sat on your laurals and let CBS become a development-unfriendly environment. Taxing the back of developers with costs and demands so that it is unattractive to bring any growth here. No Coordinated Development, just piece-meal subdivisions. Developers are reluctant to commit to any large projects here due to complexity, heavy-handed approaches, and a lack of cooperation. CBS pooched the Legion Road Development because they would not work WITH a developer so the developer walked and took with them the large clients. Now there is just a Kent and Stadium going there. I hope the new mayor, when he travels to promote the town (with much less frequency) returns with much more than expense claims.

• Elated
    September 25, 2013 - 08:39

Woody's arrogance caught up and passed him. Everything was "I" and never "We" as a team. Congratulations to Mayor Ken McDonald as he takes over the chain of office. It's time to regroup on the Town's priorities. Get back to basics. And never forget what got you the resounding victory - you were put there for the people, by the people. And don't get sucked into the underground economy of politics. Onward and upward!!!

• roy
    September 25, 2013 - 08:38

Mayor French did do a lot in the beginning but lost contact with the people who count and with reality. He was wasting money like it was growing on trees. A new Town Hall is needed, but do we need another stadium at this point or a new Firehall or a Downtown CBS etc. Subdivisions were developed with no infastructure in place. People without water and sewer. Congradulations Mayor McDonald I hope you address the needs of the people in all areas of CBS.

• sparky
    September 25, 2013 - 08:29

Way-To-Go! Mr. McDonald , I wish you the Very Best!, hopefully things can start looking better & the real-bad spots in our streets get fixed.

• sparky
    September 25, 2013 - 08:27

• Pam Frampton
    September 25, 2013 - 08:25

Thanks for pointing out the typo. We have corrected Ken McDonald's name in our online version.

• Single file
    September 25, 2013 - 08:20

Voter apathy Ms. Baggs? Some didn't forget you were a returnee from the Ron Smith saga.I havn'tg seen all the figures but thousands of votes cast hardly reflects apathy. Sour Grapes is more like it. As for French, it hasn't hit him yet. He boasted this morning on CBC radio about the town "owning" 80 acres alongside his failed Gateway. What he didn't say was there's still a $5,000,000.00 unfunded liability attached to it. Duh!

• wavy
    September 25, 2013 - 08:11

• wavy
    September 25, 2013 - 08:08

Who's MacDonald? It's Ken McDonald, not MacDonald- one glance at an election sign could've rectified that for you, McLeod. Usual Telegram spelling and grammatical errors aside................A Fresh Start: congratulations to Mayor McDonald! It's been a long time coming, Ken- sweet victory! Enjoy the moment. With a resounding 2:1 vote ratio, the residents of CBS have given you a clear mandate and have affirmed they are on board with your vision for the town. Live up to your vision, Ken; it's what got you elected. Don't get sucked into the "political machine" of lazy municipal status quo mediocrity. Be great. Don't forget who you're doing this for. Congratulations again. Now, on with the show.