October 19, 2013
Sea-Hawks Tailgate Party and Men's and Women's Soccer Games vs. Dalhousie Tigers
- Place : King George V Park
- Time : 14:00
- Details :
Pull on your favourite Sea-Hawks jersey and join us for a special Sea-Hawks Tailgate Party and soccer games. Come listen to live music, grab some food, and watch the Sea-Hawks men’s and women’s teams take on the Dalhousie Tigers. The Out Move Sammy contest will be taking place and is a great event to see some of your favorite residence mascots compete against Sammy the Sea-Hawk in an entertaining dance off. This event coincides with MUNdays, Memorial's flagship spirit event. Cost: Free for alumni, faculty, staff and students. General community members can get tickets at the gate: $5 for adults, $3 for seniors and the event is free children under the age of 12
"The Facts on Fracking" – A public forum
- Place : St. John's City Hall, Foran Room
- Time : 14:00
- Details : The St. John’s Chapter of the Council of Canadians and the East Coast Fracking Awareness Group are hosting a public forum on fracking. The forum will feature Graham Oliver of the Port au Port/ Bay St. George Fracking Awareness Group and will be moderated by local author Greg Malone.
- Place : HMCS CABOT
- Time : 10:00
- Contact : Lt(N) Tim Woodworth, email Tim.Woodworth@mi.mun.ca, cell (709)631-0441
- Details : ST-JOHN’S, NL. ─ Have you ever wondered what the Canadian Armed Forces does? Want to see local soldiers, sailors and aircrew at work? Come visit your local military units at an Open House on Saturday October 19 from 10 to 2pm at HMCS CABOT, 220 Southside Road. There will be tours of the units; HMCS GLACE BAY will be open for visitors, and tactical displays. We offer opportunities and employment that are as flexible and as diverse as our people. This isn’t your typical nine-to-five. When and Time: 19 October, 2013 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Where: HMCS CABOT, Pier 27, 220 Southside Road.
- Place : UC-6011, University Centre, Memorial University, St. John's campus
- Time : 15:00
- Contact : Yvonne at 727-7309
- Details : Meditation has been proven to have a positive effect on many aspects of our lives: social, mental, physical and spiritual. Discover an easy technique for meditation during this workshop where we will watch a short video, learn about our chakra system and practice meditation in a casual setting. No preparation is required. Contact Yvonne at 727-7309 for additional details.
- October 20, 2013 - MUN Soccer: Sea-Hawks vs. Dalhousie
- October 20, 2013 - The Flatrock Fall Fair
- October 22, 2013 - Session on motivation
- October 22, 2013 - Family History Society
- October 24, 2013 - Thriving with a Disability Information Day
- October 24, 2013 - Dessert & Card Party
- October 24, 2013 - Goods Bingo
- October 24, 2013 - Stanfield’s + Comedy Exposed
- October 25, 2013 - Solo Art Exhibition "Chasing Shadows"
- October 25, 2013 - Wesley United Church Youth Group