April 28, 2014
St. Philip's ACW monthly card game
- Place : St. Philip's
- Time : 20:00
- Details :
St. Philip's ACW monthly card game will be held on April 28 at 8 p.m. in the Parish Centre, 20 Coady's Road, St. Philips. Usual good prizes, door prize and ticket draws. Cost is $5. Lunch will be served.
Presentation on Access to Justice in Civil and Family Matters
- Place : Holiday Inn, 180 Portugal Cove Road, St. John’s
- Time : 19:00
- Contact : Canadian Bar Association: (709) 579-5783; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Details : Presentation on Access to Justice in Civil and Family Matters with Special Guest Speaker the Honourable Justice Thomas Cromwell, Supreme Court of Canada and Chair, Action Committee on Access to Justice in Civil and Family Matters Have you ever had a legal problem and not known what to do about it? Have you ever had to go to court without a lawyer? Do you find the court system too complex, too expensive, too slow or too overwhelming? Have you ever felt your voice is not being heard? Would you like a voice in improving access to justice? If so you may be interested in joining us on Monday, April 28 for a presentation by the Honourable Justice Thomas Cromwell, Supreme Court of Canada and Chair of the Action Committee on Access to Justice in Civil and Family Matters. Justice Cromwell will discuss issues surrounding Access to Justice in Civil and Family matters, including the work of the Action Committee to date, and how we can bring about improved access to justice in Newfoundland and Labrador. This presentation is open to members of the public and there is no fee to attend. To reserve your seat, please contact the Canadian Bar Association – Newfoundland and Labrador Branch by phone at (709) 579-5783 or by email at email@example.com.
- More information:
St. John’s Public Library Board
- Place : St. John's
- Time : 19:00
- Details :
Are you interested in getting involved with your city’s libraries? The St. John’s Public Library Board is looking for new members. Come to our annual general meeting to find out more on April 28 at 7 p.m. at the A.C. Hunter Public Library in the Arts and Culture Centre.
- April 29, 2014 - Dave & Wince
- May 1, 2014 - Humane Services A-Cat’emy Awards
- May 1, 2014 - The Newfoundland Historical Society
- May 1, 2014 - St. Michael and All Angels Men’s Association spring flipper dinner and bake sale
- May 2, 2014 - Pub Night & Silent Auction Fundraiser
- May 2, 2014 - History walking tours
- May 3, 2014 - The Craft Market
- May 3, 2014 - Tea and bake sale
- May 3, 2014 - Meet The Artist
- May 3, 2014 - Let's Talk Science at the Avalon Mall!