May 04, 2014
Empowering Women to Fuel the Future 2014
- Place : Bay Roberts, NL
- Time : 00:00
- Contact : Mary Walsh, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Details : Memorial University’s Let’s Talk Science Outreach Program is pleased to present “Empowering Women to Fuel the Future” – a three day conference with its goals centered around exposing the oil and gas industry, the careers and the science associated with this field! This conference is designed for high school females within Conception Bay North and surrounding areas. It will take place in Bay Roberts, on May 4, 5 and 6, 2014. The conference is suited to accommodate fifty females; therefore there is an application process. We will be asking the girls to arrive on Sunday, May 4th and the conference will end on Tuesday, May 6th. (Specific times and location are TBD). Accommodations, meals and activities for attendees and chaperones will be provided. Applications and information can be requested from email@example.com.
Hot turkey dinner
- Place : st. John's
- Time : 12:30
- Details :
Wesley UCW, Patrick Street, will hold a hot turkey dinner, with dessert, tea or coffee on Sunday, May 4 at 12:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults and $6 for children and are available by calling Phoebe at 782-1689 or Ruby at 754-0916.
The Whitbourne Lions Club afternoon of fun and fabulous old time country music
- Place : The Whitbourne Lions Club
- Time : 14:00
- Details :
The Whitbourne Lions Club is hosting its monthly Sunday afternoon of fun and fabulous old time country music on May 4 at the Lions Club in Whitbourne at 2 p.m. Join the other performers at the open mic or bring your instrument and play along or just tap your feet to that great old country beat.
The Whiteway Spring Hare Committee
- Place : Whiteway Memorial Centre
- Time : 13:00
- Details :
On Sunday May 4 The Whiteway Spring Hare Committee will be hosting an afternoon of storytelling, poetry and an original art show from 1 to 5 p.m. with Tom Dawe, Tom Moore, Gerald Squires, Boyd Chubbs and many more. Admission is $2. This all takes place at the Whiteway Memorial Centre. For more information contact, Lisa Day Brown at 588-2666 or Albert Legge at 588-2368. Please note that our dinner theatre for Friday May 2 has been sold out.
Be A Hero at The Walk so Kids Can Talk
- Place : St. John's
- Time : 11:00
- Details :
Every day, young people in Newfoundland and Labrador struggle with questions and concerns, big and small. And every day, they take the courageous step to reach out for help. Thanks to Kids Help Phone, they receive the caring and confidential support they deserve. Online or by phone. Twenty-four seven. Now Kids Help Phone is inviting St. John’s residents to come out to Bowring Park on Sunday, May 4 and Be A Hero at The Walk so Kids Can Talk. The 5K Walk is Canada’s largest supporting child and youth mental health and well-being. Registration begins at the Bowring Park Bunglaow at 11 a.m. and taking place rain or shine, the walk is a fun, family friendly event where you can enjoy an inspiring day outdoors while making a big difference for kids. Visit http://www.walksokidscantalk.ca to learn more.
- May 5, 2014 - The Sharecroppers
- May 5, 2014 - Compost Awareness Week
- May 6, 2014 - Etcetera 28
- May 6, 2014 - The Nfld Horticultural Society
- May 6, 2014 - Swing Dancing - New Session Start
- May 6, 2014 - Avalon Prostate Cancer Support Group
- May 7, 2014 - Eucharistic liturgy
- May 7, 2014 - Free 8 Day Virtual and Real Video Workshops on Introductory Samarpan Meditation and Chakras Discourses
- May 7, 2014 - Jiggs dinner with dessert
- May 7, 2014 - 8-day Chakra Clearing Video Workshop