August 22, 2014
The Manuels River Hibernia Interpretation Centre
- Place : Manuels
- Time : 10:30
- Details :
What A Great Summer We’re Having. Lots To Do At The Manuels River Hibernia Interpretation Centre, 7 Conception Bay Highway In Conception Bay South. On August 22 & 23 – Young Scientist: Float Your Boat from 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. We’ll learn about buoyancy and make our own boats to float down the river. This session will take place outdoors. In the event of rain, it will be cancelled. Please wear appropriate walking shoes and bring water and sunscreen. Included with membership or general admission. Parents must remain with their children at all times. More information at manuelsriver.com.
CBS ADULT CHOIR CAMP FREE CONCERT
- Place : TOPSAIL UNITED CHURCH
- Time : 07:00
- Details : CBS ADULT CHOIR CAMP - FREE CONCERT The first ever CBS Adult Choir Camp will culminate in a free concert on Friday, August 22nd at 7:00 PM. at Topsail United Church. Selections will include Newfoundland folk songs, other choral favourites, and a chance for the audience to sing along with the choir. A free will offering of both monetary and food donations will be accepted in support of the CBS/Paradise Food Bank.
A Teddy Bear Sleepover
- Place : Cupids Legacy Centre
- Time : 15:00
- Details :
A Teddy Bear Sleepover on August 22 and August 23 at tht Cupids Legacy Centre. Time: Drop-off, Friday 3-4 p.m. and pick-up, Saturday, 10- 11:30 a.m. Cost: $15. Please pre-register by calling Cupids Legacy Centre 528-1610.
The Secrets To Open For Tim McGraw At Mile One Centre Aug. 22, 23, 24
- Place : Canada
- Time : 19:30
- Contact : Mile One Box Office 709-576-7657
- Details : Newfoundland country music trio The Secrets are topping off their busy summer with a string of prime shows, opening for country star Tim McGraw, this Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Mile One Centre in St. John’s , NL. The Secrets have enjoyed a banner year to date, including a spring recording session in Nashville, TN, resulting in the release of their highly anticipated debut CD “Break Even”, a June tour through Ontario highlighted by a main stage performance at the World Pride Festival in Toronto, a summer tour which included performances at the Acoustic Maritime Music Festival and Harmony Bazaar Festival of Women and Song in Nova Scotia, the Riverview Band Shell Series in New Brunswick, the Cavendish Beach Music Festival (Atlantic Canada’s largest country festival) held in PEI, and an opening set for Serena Ryder during this year’s annual George Street Festival in St. John’s, NL. The Secrets - comprised of Newfoundland natives Karla Pilgrim, Terri Lynn Eddy and Renée Batten, all three accomplished singers and solo musicians - met in college while studying performance and recording. They quickly discovered a natural blend to their voices and musical aspirations, traded jigs and reels for whiskey, mandolins and faded jeans, and haven’t looked back since. The Secrets launched their trio in Newfoundland, opening for country music legend Alan Jackson’s Freight Line Tour in 2010, and since 2012 have been taking their music across the country with stops at a number of prestigious festivals and events including Winnipeg Folk Festival and the Stan Rogers International Folk Festival, among many others. Their proficiency as not only vocalists, but on a variety of stringed instruments continues to captivate audiences from coast to coast. Don’t miss The Secrets performing songs from their debut recording “Break Even” and more, at Mile One Centre with Tim McGraw on Friday, August 22, Saturday, August 23 and Sunday, August 24. Show time is 7:30pm nightly. Produced by 5th String Entertainment, tickets are available on line at www.mileonecentre.com , in person at the Mile One Centre Box Office and by calling 709-576-7657.
- August 23, 2014 - The Pouch Cove Open Studios
- August 23, 2014 - Garage Sale with a View!
- August 23, 2014 - The Secrets To Open For Tim McGraw At Mile One Centre Aug. 22, 23, 24
- August 23, 2014 - The Dardanelles
- August 23, 2014 - Horse show
- August 23, 2014 - Queen of Paradise’s Garden (Puppet Show)
- August 24, 2014 - The Secrets To Open For Tim McGraw At Mile One Centre Aug. 22, 23, 24
- August 24, 2014 - SPCA Open House
- August 24, 2014 - Grandma’s Apron
- August 25, 2014 - Card game