Comments

Comments

• David
    July 02, 2010 - 13:23

I don't think its a good idea to make a practice of sneaking fruits and vegetables into other foods. It desn't create good food habits. As a food educator and writer this is an issue I have been thinking about a lot. I think it is possible to never have to say eat your vegetables again. That's why I wrote The ABCs of Fruits & Vegetables and Beyond. Parents and teachers interested in getting kids to develop friendly feelings towards fruits and vegetables should take a look at a new book called The ABCs of Fruits and Vegetables and Beyond. Out only a few months and already being bought in quantity for class use. Suited for kids of all ages as it is two books in one children first learn their alphabet through produce poems and then go on to more mature activities. It is coauthored by best-selling food writer David Goldbeck (me) and Jim Henson writer Steve Charney. Say hello to us at HealthyHighways.com

• Jill
    July 02, 2010 - 13:21

If you need more help adding extra fruit and vegetables to your diet check out www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org! This website offers tips for adding more produce to your diet along with nutritional information and some great recipes. They also have a forum where people can share their problems and suggestions with each other as well as an ask the expert section that lets you ask a registered dietitian all of your nutrition questions. There are kid's activities too!

• Lynn
    July 02, 2010 - 13:16

I add baby spinach to fruit smoothies. If you add blueberries, the color of the berries conceals the green color of the spinach, and kids never know they are in there. I don't find that you can taste the spinach at all when it's combined with the fruit.

• David