Comments

Comments

• Capture the Flag
    July 02, 2010 - 13:31

Imagine if we all wrote stories about our family going's on. What a paper St. John's would have. Then Imagine if we got paid for the tales, now that would be a bonus. Some people get all the luck

• Longshanks
    July 02, 2010 - 13:31

What's the story with the name - DECLAN. Sounds make up. That being said I'd better get checked. Wouldn't want any surprises.

• Mary
    July 02, 2010 - 13:27

Dear Susan, Chris & family,

I too, was af afterthought . My parents, resting easy as their family of 3 kids in 5 years was well underway. My sister was approaching junior high, my older brother was 8 and my little brother was 6. Things were humming along... then I showed up.

Mom loved telling me the story of how she posed the question - Bob, how would you like to have another little O'Driscoll? He was flipping pancakes at the time. They were on vacation in Traytown. Dad apparently didn't immediately turn to look at Mom but rather gradually reduced the speed of his pancake-flipping. When he finally did turn turn her, he shrugged, in apparent resignation. My parents both died over the past 2 years. I miss them terribly. It was the only worry I ever had - knowing that I would be a little younger than most when I lost them. How lucky is that?

Apart from incessant teasing by my brothers, my siblings have always been extrememly good to me, particularly in tough times. Again, I feel very lucky. I hope to be able to return that favour at the other end of life - even just a little.

All the best to Family Flanagan on your new adventure!

• Dawn
    July 02, 2010 - 13:23

What an absolutely beautiful story!!

• JP
    July 02, 2010 - 13:14

Judging from the picture, I think it would be a safe bet to say that the Flanagan Family is well equipped for little Declan. It certainly looks from the picture like the parents have taught the kids to have a zest for life. Well done! Good luck with the diaper changes, perhaps get the kids involved to help teach another of life's lessons. LOL!

• Capture the Flag
    July 01, 2010 - 20:20

• Longshanks
    July 01, 2010 - 20:19

• Mary
    July 01, 2010 - 20:15

Dear Susan, Chris & family,

All the best to Family Flanagan on your new adventure!

• Dawn
    July 01, 2010 - 20:08

What an absolutely beautiful story!!

• JP