Comments

Comments

• Pierre
    December 14, 2013 - 15:06

I was supposed to be on that bus but worked on another team that day. After the workday we were traveling back to the siding where we lived. There were three buses. I rode in the first one that left and sat in the rear. I watched the second bus pass us but thought nothing of it as the drive back to the siding was a long one. A while later we slowed down and stopped.There was a long lineup of cars in front of us and couldn't really see what was happening up ahead so I continued to play on my harmonica till someone mentioned that there was an accident and it was our bus. We immediately ran to the site and helped as much as we could. My heart goes out to those who lost family and loved ones and those that survived. I know I am posting this very late but I still remember the men I worked with as thirty years doesn't seem that long ago.

• Peter Hoag
    August 16, 2013 - 12:11

Mike Beach was my best friend, room mate for 2 years at University. He got me the job there for 3 summers. If I had not moved to T.O. I would have been with him at the front of the bus that day. Yes all were so young.

• Cathy
    March 17, 2013 - 12:55

One of the young men was my boyfriend. I read that Jim Whiffen wrote a song about the accident. Does anyone know where I can listen to it? My heart goes out to everyone that lost a loved one. It was such a devasting event in so many people's lives. I am glad to have found this site. Thank you.

• Wanetta
      May 28, 2013 - 08:25

I have it on my facebook I could send in a private message to you

• Louise Everest
    October 09, 2012 - 07:48

A friend and I just stopped and read a monument to these workers. It is situated at the side of Highway #1 west of Swift Current. 7 Oct 2012

• Anna
    July 02, 2010 - 13:29

I remember that sad time quiet well.
    Calvin and James Lake of Rushoon are my nephews-- My sister.s children

Michael Cheeseman is a cousin .
    My family attended the massive funeral.

God Bless all the families involved

Anna

• deb
      April 13, 2012 - 16:58

I remember how my brother Rene worked for a long time with all those souls. He was to have been on the same bus, but his girlfriend at the time, rushed out to pick him up the night before the bus left with the crew. She came from Mb the night before, picked him up and then my brother heard the terrible new. He was devastated, having loved and known all the people on that crew. We are grateful to have him and as his little sister, I still recall this horrible and sad crash. My brother had a nervous breakdown and moved away. He is okay now, but I will always remember this and continue to pray for them and their families.

• Norbert
    July 02, 2010 - 13:21

I grew up in Rushoon. I knew all of them. They were all fine men. Micheal Cheeseman was my first cousin. It was a sad day in that little community with four caskets side by side.

• mAUDE
    July 02, 2010 - 13:20

We also had a family member die in this disaster, my brother in law, michael whiffen from rushoon, and just to let all family members know this accident has never been forgotten in webb, sask, as just a month ago we travelled to webb, and seen the most beautiful memorial ( built by the residents of webb, sask which was unvieled for the 27th annniv of this accident just two yrs ago) this community is determined to keep the memory of your loved ones alive, i also have pics of the memorial if anyone wants to see them, mwhiffen@telus.net

• Anna
    July 01, 2010 - 20:16

I remember that sad time quiet well.
    Calvin and James Lake of Rushoon are my nephews-- My sister.s children

Michael Cheeseman is a cousin .
    My family attended the massive funeral.

God Bless all the families involved