Update: Ferry schedule yet to be worked out after fire

Staff ~ Transcontinental Media

It could be a few days before Marine Atlantic is able to sort out its schedule.
The fire-damaged ferry Atlantic Vision is expected to return to service on the Nova Scotia to Newfoundland run tonight.
However, loss of the vessel for a couple of days due to a fire in a heating unit, has created major traffic problems.
Officials at the Crown agency say they are trying to accommodate passengers as best they can.

Organizations: Marine Atlantic, Crown agency

Geographic location: Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

Comments

Comments

• Sam
    July 02, 2010 - 13:27

HAHA Rodger is too funny! I agree though. I am traveling on this ferry next week, to go to moncton to see acdc, a delay of 8h or more, will result in missing the concert, will they pay for my ticket that did not get used! People like myself do not get an abudance of holidays, and rely on everything going on time, anydelays and things just wont happen. How many people were wating to come to newfoundland on limited amounts of time, and had to turn around simply because they couldn't wait any longer. Some things are not refundable. Like I would imangine who ever sold marine atlantic the atlantic vision said no givses backses

• sam
    July 02, 2010 - 13:26

answer: no.
    no company cares on who loses out on money, as long as they're getting paied.

• DeeBee
    July 02, 2010 - 13:25

You have to wonder about Marine Atlantic's thought processes when they buy a boat to be a ferry and it cannot make night crossings because the inside layout design is not the most accommodating for passengers using the service. Now, it's had two fires in a fairly short period of time. That instills a lot of confidence in me to get aboard Atlantic Vision. Wake up, Marine Atlantic! Stop ripping people off and now endangering people's lives. Invest in some money & get a comfortable, reliable ferry for people to use... get rid of Atlantic Vision!!

• Rodger
    July 02, 2010 - 13:25

Maybe she could replace the Kyle...just imagine how big a banner we could get on her for Danny Cleary....and I am not even a Wings fan.

• Allo
    July 02, 2010 - 13:24

Sam, the boat is only leased for 5 years, so yes there are give backes. Question, would airlines pay for your ACDC concert ticket if your flight was delayed and you missed a concert?

• b
    July 02, 2010 - 13:08

I find it ironic that this organization (or lack therof) Renamed this vessel 'Atlantic Vision', especially when you consider that Marine Atlantic has a complete lack of VISION when it comes to pinpointing the needs/requirements of this service.

As far as i am concerned, Marine Atlantic has become a symbol for ineptitude.

• don
    July 02, 2010 - 13:08

I recently commented about the huge traffic jam I recently encountered at North Sydney before the Atlantic Vision fire which prevented me from driving to the ticket booths at the Marine Atlantic terminal. Some folks thought I was exaggerating the traffic backlog problem. Well, if you saw the CTV and CBC TV news yesterday you saw the traffic backlog of vehicles which I spoke about several days ago. Something has to be done to correct this problem.

• Sam
    July 01, 2010 - 20:14

• sam
    July 01, 2010 - 20:13

answer: no.
    no company cares on who loses out on money, as long as they're getting paied.

• DeeBee
    July 01, 2010 - 20:11

• Rodger
    July 01, 2010 - 20:11

• Allo
    July 01, 2010 - 20:10

• b
    July 01, 2010 - 19:43

As far as i am concerned, Marine Atlantic has become a symbol for ineptitude.

• don