Comments

Comments

• Randall
    July 02, 2010 - 13:27

My question is... is the wage increase and its retroactive implementation written into the contract in such a way that it will be required to be passed along to the workers? It has happened before that the wage increases were never passed along even though the companies recieved funds from the government to do so. Unless it is stipulated by government in the contract I am afraid the workers will be relying on the good will of their employers to pass these monies along. I guess we'll see what happens but if I were a paramedic with one of these companies I would'nt get my hopes up.

• EMR
    July 02, 2010 - 13:22

I see no mention of a pay increase for EMRs. Are we to be left out of this?

• albert
    July 02, 2010 - 13:16

Congratulations to the Paramedics of NL. I hope the wage increases mentioned here, do get passed along to you, as you deserve it. I still do not understand why we have some 48 middle men ( Privates and community operators) but small steps are better then no steeps, I guess.

• Brain
    July 02, 2010 - 13:13

That's great for the paramedics but what about the emr's. Have they been forgotten in this deal? We are doing the same job in some cases, and for less pay.

• alex
    July 02, 2010 - 13:12

35%!!! I guess it pays to be in the private sector rather then the public sector. NAPE, CUPE, NLMA, NLNA,etc... should have held out for more.

• Randall
    July 01, 2010 - 20:14

• EMR
    July 01, 2010 - 20:06

I see no mention of a pay increase for EMRs. Are we to be left out of this?

• albert