RNC remind motorists of traffic check points

Staff ~ The Telegram

The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary wishes to remind the general public of periodic roadside check points.
This is a reminder that the RNC will carry out traffic check points in the North East Avalon, Corner Brook and Labrador West areas. The purpose of these check points is to ensure compliance of the Highway Traffic Act and to check the sobriety of drivers.
The RNC will continue to conduct check points throughout the year and they will not necessarily always be associated to holiday weekends or special events.

Geographic location: North East Avalon, Corner Brook, Labrador West

Comments

Comments

• MP
    July 02, 2010 - 13:35

The RNC do not wish to catch drunk drivers. Why would they? There is no bonus. They do not give officers a ham for every arrest they make. What they do want is for people not to drive drunk to begin with. That's why they give notices. Some of you should think before posting your thoughts for all to see.

Personally, I think the RNC do a great job.

• Sean
    July 02, 2010 - 13:29

The RNC perform great work all year round...I only wish they had more resources.

• Steve
    July 02, 2010 - 13:21

The thing that will completely and totally solve the dunk drigin problem is summed up in 2 words summary execution .

Anyone STUPID enough to get drunk then get behind the wheel of a vehicle and endanger the lives of other people does not deserve to continue living.

But this dream will never happen because of the mass of bleeding heart idiots out there (ie. people with no sense). They don't realize that once drunks start getting dragged out of their vehicles and snuffed on the spot the number of drunk drivers will sharply drop (either from smartening up or from slowly killing off the morons).

I can dream.....

(cue the bleeding hearts)

• PussyCat
    July 02, 2010 - 13:20

'Thanks for the NOTICE....hey...it's me...you know who.. could you please do me a favour.... let me know the exact locations and times.... hugh !
    my wife needs to know !

Merry Christmas !

• DB
    July 02, 2010 - 13:15

What puzzles me is they give the drunks on the road a warning that they are doing these check points.Less said best said you will catch more of them if you say nothing.

• Nicole
    July 02, 2010 - 13:14

I think it's more important to deter drunk drivers from being on the road, than it is to have them on the roads in hopes the police will catch them, Isn't the point here really safety vs fines, If knowing that traffic stops are taking place stops someone from having a few drinks and getting behind a wheel possibly killing a child then that makes me alot happier and the holidays a more peaceful time.

• Dave
    July 02, 2010 - 13:12

Wow the RNC are actually doing something productive, must be Christmas.

• Duhhhh
    July 02, 2010 - 13:10

I totally agree with PussyCat....why don't you tell them the exact locations...that would be GREAT!!

• MP
    July 01, 2010 - 20:25

Personally, I think the RNC do a great job.

• Sean
    July 01, 2010 - 20:17

• Steve
    July 01, 2010 - 20:05

I can dream.....

(cue the bleeding hearts)

• PussyCat
    July 01, 2010 - 20:02

my wife needs to know !

Merry Christmas !

• DB
    July 01, 2010 - 19:54

• Nicole
    July 01, 2010 - 19:52

• Dave
    July 01, 2010 - 19:50

Wow the RNC are actually doing something productive, must be Christmas.

• Duhhhh