Comments

Comments

• Marion
    July 02, 2010 - 13:33

Ten years ago at 4 in the morning I received the terrible news that changed my life forever..The RNC officer was so compassionate. Thinking back to that terrible night I can see now how he was struggling with his own emotions as He told me my only son had died. May God bless you Constable Corbett!!!

• Sailor
    July 02, 2010 - 13:28

Several years ago, when I was a firefighter, we responded to an MVA and all involved were teenagers and because it was a small community, I knew some personally and others by sight and or name. I found as well, that I froze for a couple of seconds but then your training kicks in and you do what has to be done and hopefully everything works out in the end. The psychological problems start if you don't at least talk to other people who know what you are going through and get it out in the open how you feel. The people in this story are to be commended for their handling of a very difficuly and tragic situation. Well done to everybody.

• Kevin
    July 02, 2010 - 13:23

Great story about a very tragic event. Most police officers never receive thank you's for the dangerous, hard and traumatic work that they have to deal with during their careers.

Many thanks to the men and women of police enforcement. You have one of the toughest jobs out there.

• Holly
    July 02, 2010 - 13:20

Very commendable story Mr. Bartlett. It's great to see a story focused on the sacrifice that these professionals make for us everyday.

• Emergency Worker
    July 02, 2010 - 13:18

As a person who quite often sees a lot of trauma in the ER, I have great respect for all first responders, be it paramedics, police or fire. What I see sometimes can be tragic enough. They see and deal with stuff that for various reasons never even make it to the hospital.

Kudos to you all for all your hard work and professionalism.

• July 02, 2010 - 13:14

I can't tell you how I feel reading back over this old news event right now, but to the mother, family and officer Trevor O'Keefe it must seem like yesterday. It will probably always seem like yesterday. But I sincerely hope it doesn't.

I once received a knock on my door by two of my late father's comrades in the Force. I understand the eternal bond which forms and that part of your memory which never fades away.

• Marion
    July 01, 2010 - 20:22

• Sailor
    July 01, 2010 - 20:16

• Kevin
    July 01, 2010 - 20:09

• Holly
    July 01, 2010 - 20:03

• Emergency Worker
    July 01, 2010 - 19:59

Kudos to you all for all your hard work and professionalism.

• July 01, 2010 - 19:52