Comments

Comments

• Starr
    November 07, 2010 - 22:32

I agree with you M - if Karl doesn't like it then its not fit; it just doesn't qualify. Those restaurants he has evaluated as his "favorites" are not necessarily that of others, nor should we feel we "have" to go there. They are all either ethnic or extremely expensive. Not your everyday fare. Who wants duck and caviar - anytime, let alone at the prices charged there. He is just not in the real world. Give me a good restaurant where I can take my family for dinner and go back again next week - not just one meal that I have to take out a mortgage on and could be a once-in-a-lifetime dining experience. Lets see if some of those restaurants even exist next year this time . . .???

• m
    July 02, 2010 - 13:32

Karl Wells bases his critics on food he likes..not the actually food itself and the preparation...i have observed and noticed that if it not appeasing to his palate then its not fit...I think he needs to go to schol to find out that everyone has different tastes and likes and expectations and he should not be the soul judge and jury.

• tess tess
    July 02, 2010 - 13:26

it would be interesting to know if c(k)arl wells is an actual food critic,such as the type of martha stewart,julia childs,jacques pepin,...or was he at the right place at the right time,when someone said here's a free credit card,use it,and let us know who makes the best gravy...

• Diva Hazel
    July 02, 2010 - 13:22

I must truly say that food critic Karl Wells has an educated palate.A fair judge who encompasses globally the wholesome way of preparing ,presenting,and savouring food.I was interested to know if Karl had tried chicken feet done in ginger and wine sauce , balut , natural goat cheese wrapped in banana leaves and other ethnic adventurous foods of the world?Bon appetit and mabuhay,Karl!!!

• Taxpayer ll
    July 02, 2010 - 13:17

I think the Cellar has amazing food and great service, the roasted tenderloin of beef in peppercorn reduced wine sauce is absolutely delicious.

• James
    July 02, 2010 - 13:12

Why do we continue to use the word ethnic as a catch-all to describe anything that is not North American or European? Perhaps international would feel less in to the them/us paradigm.

• Andrew
    July 02, 2010 - 13:10

India Gate is good, but I'd hardly call it 'authentic'. The menu lists three levels of spicyness mild , medium and hot ... by that they mean sweet , mild and medium . They have no truly spicy south indian dishes. Since the North American taste seems to love Punjabi food, all Indian food imitates that taste. It's not bad, just that it gets boring when taste gets standardized.

• m