Two vehicle accident on Portugal Cove Road

Staff ~ The Telegram

Photo by Keith Gosse/The Telegram

There were no serious injuries in a two vehicle accident on Portugal Cove Road next to Windsor Lake this morning. The vehicles apparently collided head on, spinning one around in the opposite direction. Police are investigating the incident but roads were snow covered and extremely slippery at the time.

Geographic location: Portugal Cove Road

Comments

Comments

• Sigh
    July 02, 2010 - 13:32

I agree Steve, I bet they were flying and prob thought their snow tires were magic and would help them stop. I see speeding drivers everywhere I go, I wish I had a radar equipped with a camera so I could take a pic and let the cops deal with the Indy 500 crowd, and it's both sexes, women are as bad as men lately.

• Manuel
    July 02, 2010 - 13:25

Must be mistaken telegram, because we have the cadallic of snow clearing systems.

• Eli
    July 02, 2010 - 13:16

How do you spell slow down .

• NLer
    July 02, 2010 - 13:15

It amazes me to read posts from others who assume that people were speeding or driving recklessly. If you have ever driven on the Windsor Lake area of Portugal Cove Road, you would know that it is unsafe on the best of days. It is a twisty, old road that deals with the fog and mist off the lake and add in snow and ice....it is also one of the roads that is not cleared near as often as it needs to be. So yes, people do need to drive with caution, especially in the winter on some of our back roads, but it is unfair to assume the drivers were reckless and hope that their insurance sky rockets . Sometimes accidents are just that, accidents, which is why we spend so much on insurance in the first place. I just hope that every one involved is ok.

• Steve
    July 02, 2010 - 13:10

Hahaha, I love seeing people get in these type of accident, some yahoos need an event like this to remember where the brake peddle is located. I hope their insurance skyrockets!

• Sigh
    July 01, 2010 - 20:21

• Manuel
    July 01, 2010 - 20:12

• Eli
    July 01, 2010 - 19:56

How do you spell slow down .

• NLer