Fire crews on scene at St. John's brewery and restaurant

Staff ~ The Telegram
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Firefighters are currently at the scene of a fire at a restaurant in downtown St. John's.
Firefighters were called to the YellowBelly Brewery about a half-hour ago about a possible structure fire.
Upon arrival there was smoke filling all three floors. Firefighters originally thought the smoke may be as a result of one of the pizza ovens.
After further investigation, officials said they couldn't find the source of the rapidly increasing smoke inside the restaurant.
Five fire trucks and police officials remain at the scene trying to find the origin of the fire and put it out.
More updates will be posted as they become available.


Geographic location: St. John's

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments

Recent comments

  • Brew dude
    July 02, 2010 - 13:33

    It was a chimney fire, it's out now and they're getting ready to reopen at 3.

  • Nasty
    July 02, 2010 - 13:30

    Did someone forget to clean it? Got lucky this time folks. Just think if this took place at 2:00 in the morning.

    An ounce of prevention...........

  • nauticle
    July 02, 2010 - 13:13

    looks like someone is not on the ball in that place....heads should roll ofr that one...i know if i owned a mulit level restaurant and this hapened some one would be on teh bad end of the sitck....shouldnt the chef be in charge of the cleaning of these thing i know that was how it is in the places i worked would call someone in to do this ......seems liek there is only one place to point the finger

  • Jimbo Jones
    July 02, 2010 - 13:13

    Yeah, lucky it didn't take place later in the evening. All the same there Nelly, it's the owners of the building responsible for maintenance like regular cleaning of the chimney's, not the chef. I'd say this was completely a lack of preventative maintenance on the owners behalf.

  • Newfoundland
    July 02, 2010 - 13:12

    fire is out!

  • Brew dude
    July 01, 2010 - 20:22

    It was a chimney fire, it's out now and they're getting ready to reopen at 3.

  • Nasty
    July 01, 2010 - 20:17

    Did someone forget to clean it? Got lucky this time folks. Just think if this took place at 2:00 in the morning.

    An ounce of prevention...........

  • nauticle
    July 01, 2010 - 19:52

    looks like someone is not on the ball in that place....heads should roll ofr that one...i know if i owned a mulit level restaurant and this hapened some one would be on teh bad end of the sitck....shouldnt the chef be in charge of the cleaning of these thing i know that was how it is in the places i worked would call someone in to do this ......seems liek there is only one place to point the finger

  • Jimbo Jones
    July 01, 2010 - 19:52

    Yeah, lucky it didn't take place later in the evening. All the same there Nelly, it's the owners of the building responsible for maintenance like regular cleaning of the chimney's, not the chef. I'd say this was completely a lack of preventative maintenance on the owners behalf.

  • Newfoundland
    July 01, 2010 - 19:50

    fire is out!