Williamss hair casualty of operation, premier sports new post-surgery hairstyle

The Canadian Press ~ The News

Sarasota, Fla. -

Danny Williams is sporting a new look after his heart surgery, and it's not just a surgical scar.
For years, the premier of Newfoundland and Labrador has parted his hair down the middle. But Williams is now parting his hair on the left side of his head, combed towards the right.
"I was violated in my sleep," Williams joked in an interview.
"When I came out of the operation I was still just coming out from the anesthetic ... and in the interests of trying to take a dishevelled head and comb it up, they basically took away the centre part so I've gone to a side part."
Williams said comedian Mark Critch of the CBC's "This Hour has 22 Minutes" might be the most upset by the change because one of his skits relies on the centre part.
"He said my hair is divided down the middle because one side represents Newfoundland and the other side represents Labrador," said Williams.
On his Twitter account, Critch remarked on the premier's new coiffure: "Danny Williams changed from hair parted in middle to combed to the side. My world is ending."

Organizations: CBC

Geographic location: Newfoundland and Labrador, Sarasota, Fla.

Comments

Comments

• Percy
    July 02, 2010 - 13:34

TO... STOP THE RACKET STOP DANN FROM NL...

Did you not hear Danny talk about his hair style change? It was done during the surgery. When he woke up he noticed the staff had his hair combed to the side.
    Have you people got anything better to talk about? Your lives must be extremely boring, to say the least. You have too much time on your hands. Go read a book, and get a life...smell the roses...
    Sounds like you have been reading from the tabloids.

A wise old owl sat on a oak..the more he heard the less he spoke...the less he spoke the more he heard...Now wasn't he a wise old bird?

People who try to whittle you down,are only trying to reduce you to their size...
    I would be totally ashamed of myself to make such a public statement about our Premier's hair style.

• Doug
    July 02, 2010 - 13:33

Are you f^$%# kidding me?

• sara
    July 02, 2010 - 13:32

It do not matter what way danny has his hair it is not gona reflect the way he does his job here in the provience...and i think he is sporting this new look with great abidence....i think its great and he has a healthier look to him....

way too go danny....

god love yah..

• rj
    July 02, 2010 - 13:27

not the hair that makes the man, but what,s under it. get well soon

• KB
    July 02, 2010 - 13:26

Who cares really? It was a heart they werte looking for not a new hair style. Oh well at least something has changed about his holieness.

• T
    July 02, 2010 - 13:23

Funny how much I miss home but then again seeing the comments posted about Mr. Williams is just another reason why I probably won't move back to NL. There are some childish people back there with nothing better to do that critize a man because he chose to go elsewhere to have surgury. For those of you who read this, ask yourself this ??? If it was some member of your family or yourself who needed the surgury and you could afford to get it done right away rather than wait wouldn't you fly elsewhere and have it done immediately.
    I thought so... and the answer is BOOK ME A FLIGHT NOW

• Is this
    July 02, 2010 - 13:22

To the Telegram: Very Sad, you have approached VOCM territory. Did Jim from Nightline tell you this.

• Lisa
    July 02, 2010 - 13:21

My goodness people - lighten up about this - just goes to show the maturity of some. Don't get the humor, do you? lol So happy the Premier's surgery went well and he's on the mend and wshing him and his family all the best!

• William
    July 02, 2010 - 13:21

Well done Mr. Williams an excellent comment might I suggest we start a rumor that you bent several blades of grass while recovering. You might get a basket from PETA People Enjoying Turf Assaults. Maybe you'll make Entertainment Tonight and take some pressure off Tiger. I'd say Billy O' Reilly is behind the fiendish plot to dislocate your part. Another direct result of Obama's health care reforms ;-)

• Nasty
    July 02, 2010 - 13:21

Bet some psychiatrist will analyze this to go along the lines that it is all about Danny now, and not as equal and fair a person. At least this way Danny will be showing his true colours and that he is truly a one-sided leader, 90% his way 10% for the people he rules.

• Stop the Racket
    July 02, 2010 - 13:20

Dosent matter much how its parted its still the same ego maniac self centred tyrant under there. At least hes a healthier tyrant now so thats a good thing.

• David
    July 02, 2010 - 13:19

He looked like a guy at a 1978 prom.

Oh, but he could pull it off. A lot of people couldn't.

• Stanny
    July 02, 2010 - 13:19

FOlks, your comments should really be directed to the 'dog and poney' show coming out of NTV on this item. Seems like the only media 'invited' by the premier was the local new announcers of NTV whom he has wrapped around his finger. They have been carrying this for a couple of days and anyone can print and comment on it..
    Other news voices in this province, i.e. Telegram, CBC, Vocm, etc continue your good work of being the opposition and digging into what is really happening in the house on the hill.

Good luck with your recovery Mr. Williams..

CHeers

• Sounding
    July 02, 2010 - 13:19

For a split second there tonight I saw him on the TV I swore I saw a Bobby Ewing look alike!

• constance
    July 02, 2010 - 13:19

Is this the best news you can come up with?When Cretchien had his heart murmer on the golf course with his doctor and the same doctor had him in for surgery early the next morning (jumping the line) ,did you remark on his hair style that day?Come off it and find other things to write about. Why are you always ragging Danny? GET A LIFE.

• p
    July 02, 2010 - 13:17

i guess hes trying to get his donald trump look down pat.....as if we never had enuff shenanigans from this premier ....

• Heather
    July 02, 2010 - 13:15

For heaven's sake people - can't you take a light-hearted newspaper item for what it is - a bit of fun! The story yesterday about the little girl posing as a snowman was not news either but only one person seemed to be able to turn that it to something negative.

• Earl
    July 02, 2010 - 13:14

Does the fact this is on The Telegram's site really matter that much to some people? It's a lighter look at the Premier's experience with heart surgery; an experience which has become much too serious.

I also wouldn't call this ragging on Mr. Williams. As I said, it's merely a musing on the lighter side of what he's going through.

Some people think the news has to be all serious all the time. These same people could probably find something serious to talk about at a comedy festival; and I'm not referring to Michael Richards.

• Stop The Racket Stop Dann
    July 02, 2010 - 13:13

I wonder who paid for this new hairstyle, I hope the taxpayers didn't pay for it. I bet he had a hair stylist from the US do it, couldn't he have gotten it done in NL. This is outrageous!

• CB
    July 02, 2010 - 13:13

Ahhhh the lighter side of life...we should all take a trip there sometime together! I hear it is quite a pleasant place to be :)

• barbara
    July 02, 2010 - 13:12

geeeeezzzzz , give the man a break, some of us dont have hair, let alone a good comment...

• Cheri
    July 02, 2010 - 13:11

Now if we can only get him to stop wearing turtlenecks. They (and the middle hair part) caused MY heart great pain. :)

• Jon
    July 02, 2010 - 13:09

Now we are talking about the premier's hair?? come on...

• Percy
    July 01, 2010 - 20:24

TO... STOP THE RACKET STOP DANN FROM NL...

Sounds like you have been reading from the tabloids.

• Doug
    July 01, 2010 - 20:22

Are you f^$%# kidding me?

• sara

• Nasty
    July 01, 2010 - 20:04

• Stop the Racket
    July 01, 2010 - 20:03

• David
    July 01, 2010 - 20:02

He looked like a guy at a 1978 prom.

Oh, but he could pull it off. A lot of people couldn't.

• Stanny
    July 01, 2010 - 20:01

Good luck with your recovery Mr. Williams..

CHeers

• barbara
    July 01, 2010 - 19:49

• Cheri
    July 01, 2010 - 19:48

• Jon
    July 01, 2010 - 19:45

Now we are talking about the premier's hair?? come on...