Has spring sprung?

The Canadian Press ~ The News

Spring officially arrives today as Atlantic Canada emerges from one of its mildest winters on record -- thanks to El Nino.
David Phillips, Environment Canada's senior climatologist, says the weather phenomenon has made many people wonder if winter even happened this year.
El Nino is the name given to an abnormal warming of ocean waters in the Pacific that can cause warmer air to flow inland.

Organizations: Environment Canada

Geographic location: Atlantic Canada, Pacific

Comments

Comments

• Sounding
    July 02, 2010 - 13:31

For me here Spring means strikes, harbor blockades, Becki Aldworth and her helicopter loving anti seal celebs, fog and too good to be true holiday getaway deals down south.

• Spring Watcher
    July 02, 2010 - 13:29

When you look back at it, the entire year has been great; yes, we hit a slump in Sept. but overall it was a great year.
    To further drive this home, I haven't gone through a full can of gas in my blower since last year and it only holds about $15.00.
    From what I can see, climate change is working in our favour.

• Janie
    July 02, 2010 - 13:21

Spring has sprung;
    The grass has riz;
    I'm wondering where
    My income tax rebate cheque is!!

• DB
    July 02, 2010 - 13:13

Ah yes spring is here with 15cm on the way for Wednesday.

• Steve
    July 02, 2010 - 13:12

I have to say that anytime I see the word - Sprung- in a headline I almost shudder. Although this time I think it is a positive one, there is no doubt that our weather has certainly changed over the last few years.

• Michelle
    July 02, 2010 - 13:12

I would like to add to Sounding Off's comments: The sudden appearance of anti-tank sized potholes, exposed piles of dog turds (watch where you step-especially on public property), millions of cigarette butts, and just a few nasty black chunks of snow/ice left on the edges of parking lots! .

• Sounding
    July 01, 2010 - 20:20

• Spring Watcher
    July 01, 2010 - 20:17

From what I can see, climate change is working in our favour.

• Janie
    July 01, 2010 - 20:04

Spring has sprung;
    The grass has riz;
    I'm wondering where
    My income tax rebate cheque is!!

• DB
    July 01, 2010 - 19:51

Ah yes spring is here with 15cm on the way for Wednesday.

• Steve