Water warning

Staff ~ The Telegram

A group of girl guides did their part for the environment by spray-painting warning signs around storm drains with the message "Goes To River No Dumping" along Ashford Drive near Saint Peter's Parish Church. From left are Rachel Tobin, Meghan Croft and Em

Comments

Comments

• Ken
    July 02, 2010 - 13:32

Good for them. Gets people thinking about where the storm drains empty out.

• Gord
    July 02, 2010 - 13:23

Chris LeDrew from Paradise, NL writes: I wish we had someone to do this in Paradise.

We do. I've had a blue fish painted on a storm drain cover close to my house for several years now. The snowplow driver hasn't even managed to scrape it off no matter how hard he tries. I always enjoy watching the frustration in his face as he tries ;P

• Brad
    July 02, 2010 - 13:22

Good job girls. We should put one of them in as environment minister, even they are smart enough to know you don't destroy freshwater. Maybe they can paint a few fish around Sandy Pond.

• Johan Perterson
    July 02, 2010 - 13:19

We should get them to paint the lines on the streets, I bet they would do a better job...

• Chris
    July 02, 2010 - 13:08

I wish we had someone to do this in Paradise. The dept of fisheries and oceans fish habitat branch should come up here and see how mud/silt is flowing from new developments into local streams/ponds via storm drains and direct from land run off

Also, the town dumps so much salt on the roads up here everything in those streams and ponds are alreday contaminated.

Its amazing that kids know that certain things are bad for the environment but grown adults do not. Good going kids-keep up the good work!

• Ken
    July 01, 2010 - 20:21

Good for them. Gets people thinking about where the storm drains empty out.

• Gord