Comments

Comments

• peter
    July 02, 2010 - 13:31

I agree with Brian if it were done here in this city those offenders would get a beat down and learn a valuable lesson.And that is never to pick on someone up in age what if it were their mom or dad.

• LOTTE
    July 02, 2010 - 13:25

Brian i have to agree with you...I am a NFLD'er living in ontario for the past 25+ years...and to say the least - we Newfoundlanders are a true and proud kind of folk. I rememeber holding a door open for an elderly lady ...she was sooo appreciative...her words you must be from NFLD lol I smiled...we were taught well...and yes I agree if it would have been a train with a few newfies onboard the thugs might have gotten a little more than they bargained for...
    People in this city...FOR THEMSELVES. nothing more nothing less..self centred egotistical beings. Shallow and can't see past their own noses.

Long gone are the days of helping one another. That true humanity only exists on the rock...believe me....

• Tara
    July 02, 2010 - 13:20

I've been living in Toronto for 8 years, and this does not surprise me at all. I intervened in an incident on a streetcar last year, involving a junkie and a young woman. I realized that both the driver and the passengers were going to pretend nothing was happening, even though the streetcar was at a standstill and everyone was upset by the guy's abusive language and threatening manner. I literally kicked him off the car. Got a round of applause from the passengers, but all I could think was No way would this have happened back home. Six guys would have booted that jerk off, and they would not have left it to a small woman to deal with it. The streetcar was packed too.
    Yes, Toronto sucks. And that's why I'm moving back home.

• Brain
    July 02, 2010 - 13:19

This would not happen in Newfoundland.

We would help.

Some of us would take pleasure in pounding the cowards who did this to a senior citizen.

• Patricia
    July 02, 2010 - 13:15

How horrible for people to do nothing to help this man. What is wrong with these people? Shame on these people, is this how their going to handle crime in their province? Turn a blind eye. shame, shame, shame.

• Joanne
    July 02, 2010 - 13:14

What's our world coming to ?
    What a fearful, insecure way to have to live, or just try to survive.

• peter
    July 01, 2010 - 20:19

• LOTTE
    July 01, 2010 - 20:11

• Tara
    July 01, 2010 - 20:02

Yes, Toronto sucks. And that's why I'm moving back home.

• Brain
    July 01, 2010 - 20:01

This would not happen in Newfoundland.

We would help.

• Patricia
    July 01, 2010 - 19:54

• Joanne
    July 01, 2010 - 19:53

What's our world coming to ?
    What a fearful, insecure way to have to live, or just try to survive.