Emergency crews respond to electrical fire, discover burnt out motor instead

Staff ~ The Telegram
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Firefighters in Mount Pearl were called this morning to what was believed to be an electrical fire, but actually turned out to be a burnt out sump pump.
No one was harmed and there was no damage to the Park Avenue home after the motor burnt out in the pump, but there was plenty of smoke when crews arrived at the scene.
They spent most of their time looking for the source of the smoke and then clearing it, says Supt. Gerry Peach, explaining that the crews had to make sure the electrical system wasn't involved.

Geographic location: Mount Pearl, Park Avenue

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page