Comments

Comments

• Donny
    July 02, 2010 - 13:34

Come on J! It's okay for you living in your mother's basement and going around with the ar$e out of you pants but the folks in my community prefer to work and need a living wage. Don't worry. Their taxes will continue to support you.

• J
    July 02, 2010 - 13:27

There are many other provinces in this country that will pay a living wage.

The problem with Newfoundlanders is that they want to live in all this places out around the bay and only work 10 weeks of the year.

I've already paid over $25k in taxes already this year Donnie, that should keep you on the dole for a while.

• Political watcher
    July 02, 2010 - 13:27

Here we go yet again, another crisis in the fishery and yet again, instigated by the FFAW.
    I firmly believe now that the FFAW doesn't want harmony in the fishery only turmoil. Not sure of the reason but it seems that as one step is taken forward the union forces it's members back two steps.
    I guess with the new head office going up in St. John's McCurdy and company have some new, larger bills to pay.

• doug
    July 02, 2010 - 13:25

It's not hard to tell I am back home again, with all the strike talk. Funny, in a province with high unemployment we sure have a lot of strike's.

• Don
    July 02, 2010 - 13:16

Here we go again. The plant workers will soon be on the steps of the Confederation Building screaming for the government to resolve their stupid strike. Fish stocks are dwindling and they are yelling give me more money. The quicker the fishing industry is gone the better of we will be. Then they will have to get of their arses and go to Toronto or Alberta and go to work ( for a change) like all other Newfoundlander's who lost their jobs. I'm so sick of these people and the fishermen whining and dipping their fishy fingers into my tax dollars , which I had to work 52 weeks a year for 45 years to earn. Let them whine. When they get hungry enough they will go back to work.

• Steve
    July 02, 2010 - 13:12

Nope, definitely shouldn't strike for a living wage. That bad old FFAW union. But it is permissible for highly paid execs. to continue with their fat salaries. Oh yes leave them be but don't support the working stiff in the plants. Typical Newfoundland mentality.

• Shannie
    July 02, 2010 - 13:12

I have a job, my employer did not hand out raises this year.
    However, insurance benifits cost more for him, so my deductable is higher, therfore my bring home pay is less this year.
    Do I want to give a big fat box of Kleenex to these people.
    I proudly have never recieved government assistance, work 40 hours a week, so what ya gonna do fer me.

• J
    July 02, 2010 - 13:11

Unions - the reason no self-respecting corporation would open up shop in Newfoundland unless they had to - ie. resources.

Manufacturing - not a chance.

• Donny
    July 01, 2010 - 20:23

• J
    July 01, 2010 - 20:15

There are many other provinces in this country that will pay a living wage.

• Political watcher
    July 01, 2010 - 20:15

• doug
    July 01, 2010 - 20:11

• Don
    July 01, 2010 - 19:56

• Steve
    July 01, 2010 - 19:50

• Shannie
    July 01, 2010 - 19:49

I have a job, my employer did not hand out raises this year.
    Do I want to give a big fat box of Kleenex to these people.

• J
    July 01, 2010 - 19:47

Manufacturing - not a chance.