Comments

Comments

• Elaine
    July 02, 2010 - 13:23

I'm so happy to hear that this group is doing something to help those who have to avail of The Daffodil. My father who recently stayed at The Daffodil is a Great Uncle to Leanne Kean. Thanks for making a difference to all who are helping people like my father and those who have to travel to St. John's for their treatment!

• Elaine
    July 02, 2010 - 13:18

Jarge from Handout Cove, NL. It's obvious you don't know how to appreciate life and that you are one bitter person. Whether these people volunteer their time for such an important fundraiser are from the city or outside, there are those who have to travel to the city to avail of treatment. Yes, it would be nice if every nook and cranny has a cancer clinci, MRI machine, Radiation and Chemo Oncologists, but that's not possible. I have loved ones who have dreamed of only being able to avail of a place such as Daffodil as they had no one to turn to when traveling for treatment. My father for one is a country man who doesn't like city life, but I can assure you that he was entirely grateful to have had the opportunity to have stayed at The Daffodil Place. While there, he experienced people from all walks of life giving up their time to entertain the cancer patients like himself. There was dog therapy sessions, singers and actors that visited. Actually, he had a surprise visitor who was so kind enough to visit him even though my dad was a stranger to him. Through a simple email I had let the man know that my dad really enjoyed his shows but probably wouldn't make it to his show this year because he was undergoing radiation. The man who lives outside of the city while visiting his daughter took time out of his busy schedule to visit my father and it really meant a lot of him as well as our family. They performed in our town only a few days after my father arrived home from his treatment, but I can tell you that he was more determined to attend his show even though he was experiencing the tiredness from his radiation. This man gave my dad a more positive attitude as there were days that he wondered if treatment was worth it. Jarge, if people like you were more caring, then you may actually make a difference in someone's life. I'm sure these individuals who are volunteering their time no matter where they're from gain satisfaction of making a difference in someone else's life. I know it made my father feel more positive and eager to fight this dreadful disease. Shame on you Jarge and a pat on the back to those who want to make a difference. Take a walk in someone else's shoes Jarge. We will be forever grateful to those who cared.

• Anne
    July 02, 2010 - 13:17

Ah Bill, I may be wrong but I was thinking that this Jarge guy was being sarcastic and pointing out that those outside the city are not putting of such a show themselves since they are the one who benefit. He didn't seem to be down on the St. John's group, but down on those communites outside the city.
    As I said I could be wrong, but that's how I read his comment.

• Jarge
    July 02, 2010 - 13:15

Bloody townies! Now they want to have a gala show to raise money all by themselves for 'our' accomadtions and not have a gala ouside the overpass so the people out here who use Daffdodil Place can raise the money instead ... Wait, but that means we don't have to raise money ... Ah, never mind my comment. ...

• Bill
    July 02, 2010 - 13:13

Jarge, I happen to know the 3 young people doing this show and they are not even from St. John's. It is people like you who kill dreams. If you would like something done in your area, you go for it! Thank you for everyone else who is supporting this group for a good cause and shame on anyone who thinks like Jarge.

• Elaine
    July 01, 2010 - 20:08

• Elaine
    July 01, 2010 - 20:00

• Anne
    July 01, 2010 - 19:57

As I said I could be wrong, but that's how I read his comment.

• Jarge