Guiding games

Staff ~ The Telegram

Rebecca O'Brien tries to hang a nail on a piece of string while playing games at the Paradise Community Centre Saturday. She was one of hundreds of young girls in the Conception Bay South and Paradise guiding movement celebrating 100 years in guiding. The

Comments

Comments

• Donny
    July 02, 2010 - 13:25

100 years of guiding and the best the organizers could come up with to celebrate is a nail and a piece of string? Good grief! I know it's only Paradise but what was wrong with renting a bouncy castle or pony rides....something! It's embarassing, even for Paradise!

• Sunshine
    July 02, 2010 - 13:22

Congratulations to all the members of Guiding who worked so hard to make the Rally Day a huge success!! While visiting the events I could not get over how excited and happy all the hundreds of children, Leaders, Senior Guiding Members, Town Councillors and the MHA's where. It certainly was a great way to celebrate 100 years of Guiding in Canada.

• Had enough of Doodley
    July 02, 2010 - 13:21

Mr.Doodley this is the second time I read a comment from you. The first time was about Bell Island and I could not believe that someone could be so narrow minded and you follow this with an attack on the girl guides. Mr Doodley when was the last time you visited Bell Island or attended a girl guide rally. Maybe you should check things out and get your facts straight before making comments and assuming you know what is going on. I am original from Bell Island and proud to say so. With the Girl Guide's these are devoted individuals who spend many day's and night's planning and preparing for those girl's to make every experience as memoriable as possible. Saturday was another special day for those girl's so instead of critizing why don't you be thankful that not everyone is like you and see the glass as half empty not have full.

• guider
    July 02, 2010 - 13:18

I attended this Rally on Saturday with my 2 children. It started with a morning of games and a huge breakfast sponsored by Town of CBS. It ended with lunch sponsored by Town of Paradise, a Magic show, skits, birthday cake, loot bags etc. I can tell you as a very exhausted volunteer guider a lot of work goes into planning such an event with hundreds of children in attendance. The comments from some of our little 5-6 year old Sparks was that it was the best day ever. Don't judge what you don't know about!

• girlguidevolunteer
    July 02, 2010 - 13:14

because like all things it costs money.........they aren't given money for the units it comes from weekly dues and the cookies they sell.........take away all the supplies they need throughout the year and badges the unit needs to buy and it doesn't leave for much leftovers......
    And what your seeing could be just a small glimpse of what they did.......don't be ignorant to something you obviously have no idea what you are talking about in my opinion!!!

• Donny