Comments

Comments

• Debbie
    July 02, 2010 - 13:30

I know the feeling, my husband found a paper the other day from April 2, 1949. the day after we joined Confederation.

• K
    July 02, 2010 - 13:26

We own an older home in the CBS area as well and discovered 75 year old newspapers when doing renovations. The papers were in very good condition as well. An add for Bugdens Taxi, 0.50 anywhere in the city, an article on the railway opening to the public and census stats for that year. Pretty amazing.

• Joey
    July 02, 2010 - 13:17

Wow. As soon as I entered the page there was an Atlantic Lotto ad obscuring the picture with broken glass over the woman's face. Have newspapers really become so desperate for revenue they have to deface their own pictures with ads for legalized gambling? If so, better let the ship sink with dignity than keep it propped with tacky ads.

• mark
    July 02, 2010 - 13:16

I'm really impressed with how well those papers have lasted over the years. br br It's like a window back to a time when things were simpler, and I have to say I'm blad she shared this discovery with us all. br br If I were her I'd try to find a way to scan the papers she has so she can put those in a safe place for her.

• Debbie