The Junior Forest Wardens including (from left) William Corbett, Pearce Burton, Joshua McShane, and Travis Johnson, work during their 12th annual tree sale at the Provincial Ecology Centre (Tree Nursery) on Brookfield Road in St. John's in this file phot
Thursday, June 3
• NL Mustangs weekly Mustang Roundup and Cruise 7-8 p.m. at Tim Horton's, Thorburn Road, St. John's then cruise from 8:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.; every Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. the Mustang Brunch and Cruise at Don Cherry's, Freshwater Road, St. John's.
• The Newfoundland and Labrador New Democratic Party invite members of the public to join the NDP for an evening of food, discussion and planning Thursday, June 3 from 6-8 p.m. in Room AS 378, Sir Wilfred Grenfell College, Corner Brook.
• The Water Street Book Club presents an evening with Joan Clark, author of "Eiriksdottir," Thursday, June 3. The club meets on the first Thursday of each month at the Heritage Shop, 309 Water St., 2nd floor from 7-9 p.m. For more details, call 753-9262.
• Holy Heart Founders' Award Dinner honouring Dr. Valerie Long will be held Thursday, June 3, 7 p.m. at the Masonic Temple. Tickets are $40. Call 579-3023.
Friday, June 4
• Topsail United Church will hold a plant sale Friday, June 4 from 7-8:30 p.m. For further information, call Bob at 782-0388.
• Dessert party and silent auction, a fundraiser for The Children's Centre, will take place Friday, June 4 at 7:30 p.m. at the Waterford Manor (185 Waterford Bridge Rd.) Tickets $10 per person. The Children's Centre is accepting registration for summer and fall programs. Visit www.thechildrenscentre.com for details.
• The Beaches Heritage Centre, Eastport presents The Eastpen Players Spring Fling Concert Friday, June 4 and Saturday, June 5 at 8 p.m. Admission: $12. To reserve tickets, call 677-2360.
• Seniors Chair Yoga Fridays 10:45 a.m. to noon. Contact Shakti Yoga Studio at 722-9642, by at e-mail at info@ShaktiYogaStudio.ca or www.shaktiyogastudio.ca.
Saturday, June 5
• A giant SPCA flea market will be held Saturday, June 5 at St. Mary's Church Auditorium, Craigmillar Avenue.
• St. Andrew's Church on Queen's Road in St. John's will hold a garage sale in the church hall Saturday, June 5 starting at 10 a.m. Stalls will include linens, clothing, kitchenware, books, toys, white elephant, accessories/jewelry and electrical.
• St. David's Presbyterian Church, 98 Elizabeth Ave. will hold a garage and plant sale Saturday, June 5. Plant sale begins at 9 a.m. and the garage sale at 10 a.m.
• The Friends of MUN Botanical Garden will have a spring plant sale Saturday, June 5, starting at 10 a.m. at the Garden's field center, 306 Mount Scio Rd. For more information, call 737-8590 or visit www.mun.ca/botgarden.
• MADD Avalon Chapter will hold its Strides for Change Walk in Paradise Saturday, June 5. Registration starts at 9 a.m. at the Paradise Soccer Complex and the walk around Octagon Pond starts at 10 a.m. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 834-7663.
• Yoga 101 Saturdays/Sundays from 2-3 p.m. Four class session. Great for first time yoga practioners and those wanting an overview of the basic postures. Contact Shakti Yoga Studio at 722-9642, e-mail info@ShaktiYogaStudio.ca or visit www.shaktiyogastudio.ca.
• Capital Toastmasters Charter Ceremony will be held Saturday, June 5 at 7:30 p.m. at the Lions Chalet, Bonaventure Avenue. Cost is $5. Open to the general public. For further information, contact Paul White at 687-1031or e-mail email@example.com.
Sunday, June 6
• NL Mustangs special events: Mustang Cruise 2010 to Vernon Smith's Toy Shop in Swift Current Sunday, June 6, meeting at Don Cherry's, Freshwater Road in St. John's, at 10:30 a.m.
• The NL Foster Families Association will hold its annual symposium June 4-6. Members of the public are invited to attend the annual general meeting Sunday, June 6 at 9 a.m. at the Ramada Hotel, Kenmount Road. Call 754-0213 for more information.
• Jeremy Rose Photography Studios will hold a downtown St. John's photo scavenger hunt Sunday, June 6 at noon. Meet at the War Memorial. For more information, call 341-7048.
• The Salmonid Association of Eastern Newfoundland (SAEN) will offer fly rod-building seminars Sunday afternoons from 1-3 p.m. Call the office for details at 722-9300.
• The Whitbourne Lions Club hosts its monthly afternoon of fun and fabulous old time country music on the first Sunday of each month and this month's open mike will be held on June 6 at the Lions Club in Whitbourne. The doors open at 1 p.m.
• St. John's Orienteering Club event Sunday, June 6, 1:30 p.m. rain or shine. Starting location Groves Road, turn onto Mount Scio Road from Thorburn Road then onto Groves Road. Beginners welcome. Maps $2. Internet pre-registration encouraged to ensure sufficient maps. Visit http://www.sji.ca/sjoc.
• Cowan Heights United Church Outreach Committee will hold its annual spring fling Sunday, June 6 from 2-4 p.m. Entertainment by Kilmainham. Come and bring a friend. Admission non-perishable food item for Bridges to Hope food bank.
• Visual Artists Newfoundland and Labrador will host a talk by artist Margaret Ryall Sunday, June 6, 2 p.m. at the Leyton Gallery of Fine Art, Clift's-Baird's Cove off Water Street. Members of the public welcome. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.vanl-carfac.com.
• The Grand Orange Lodge of Canada and its affiliated branches - The Ladies Orange Benevolent Association of Canada, The Grand Black Chapter of British America and The Grand Crystal Chapter of Canada - will hold its annual meetings at The Capital Hotel, St. John's from June 6-10. A Divine Service of Praise will take place on Sunday, June 6 at 3 p.m. in Cupids United Church, to honour those who have given their lives for Canada and also in remembrance of past members of its association.
• Traditional Latin mass is celebrated on Sundays, 5:15 p.m. at St. Pius X Church, Smithville Crescent. For further information or a free Visitor's Guide to the Latin Mass call Una Voce 722-4842.
• Wesley Male Choir will be at Park Avenue Pentecostal Church, Mount Pearl Sunday, June 6 at 6 p.m. All are welcome. For further information, call 368-3777.
• Bingo every Sunday night at St. Teresa's Parish Hall, 120 Mundy Pond Rd. Doors open 7 p.m. Games begin at 8 p.m. Lots of parking and there is wheelchair access. Rising jackpot each week.
Monday, June 7
• The Grace Hospital School of Nursing Alumnae annual dinner will be held Monday, June 7, at 6:30 p.m. at the Holiday Inn on Portugal Cove Road in St. John's. For tickets call 579-5713.
• Chamberlains Park Action Committee meeting will be held Monday, June 7 at 7 p.m. in the boardroom of Conception Bay South Parks Commission, Cherry Lane, CBS. New members welcome. Call 834-3445 for information.
• Exhale Yoga at The Lantern, 35 Barnes Rd. All levels and drop ins welcome Mondays and Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m., Thursdays 7:30 p.m. For more information, call Cheryl at 237-2756 or visit www.exhaleyoga.ca.
• The Newfoundland Cardiac Rehabilitation Association's exercise program is held at the NL Sports Centre Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. For more details, call Barb Baldwin at 579-2593.
• The Down Syndrome Awareness Centre is open Monday and Tuesday from noon to 5 p.m., Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We are located 21 Pippy Pl., Suite 106.
• Free multi-media sessions addressing the Catholic faith are held every Monday at 8 p.m. at St. Pius X Church, 16 Smithville Cres. Call 728-9009 or visit PillarOfTruth.org.
Tuesday, June 8
• Where once they Stood, celebrating the 400th anniversary of English settlement. Historical walking tour Tuesdays and Fridays only from 9:15 a.m. at The Sheraton Hotel. Tour lasts about 75 minutes. Reservations: 364-6845. Visit www.boyletours.com.
• The Family Life Bureau has a new six-week anger management course that runs Tuesdays from noon to 1:30 p.m. To register or for more information, call Sister Loretta Walsh or Helen MacKinnon at 579-0168.
• A free ceramics class for young adults aged 15-35 is being offered by For the Love of Learning Inc. Visit the drop-in centre at Gower United Church Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2:15 p.m.
• Relaxation Yoga Class for all ages and levels at the Church of the Ascension in Mount Pearl Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. and Thursdays at 10 a.m. Call Rita Lester at 368-7643 or 682-7671 to inquire.
• Yoga OM classes Tuesday nights from 7:45 to 9 p.m. at the Lantern. Contact Janice at 237-3689 or www.yoga-om.ca.
• Japanese Language instruction available on Tuesday and by appointment. Contact Nami Ohara at 743-2883, email@example.com or www.oharaconsulting.ca.
Wednesday, June 9
• Lunch and bridge every Wednesday at the Remax Centre (St. John's Curling Club). Call Shirley Kelly at 754-3260 to book a table.
• Seniors yoga with Sherry Ryan Wednesdays from 1:30-2:30 p.m. at Nova Yoga Studio, 125 Long's Hill. To register, call 753-7267 or e-mail info@sherryryan.
• A 12-week spirituality program runs Wednesday evenings, up to June 30 from 7-9 p.m. at The Lantern, 35 Barnes Rd. Pre-register at 753-8760 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Thursday, June 10
• The Autism Society of NL, South and Central Chapter Parent 2 Parent Night will be on the third Thursday monthly from 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at 7 High St., second floor, at the Town Square Mall, Grand Falls-Windsor. Visit www.asnl.ca or for information, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 489-4190.
• Seniors Chair Yoga Thursdays from 10:45 a.m. to noon. For more info, contact Shakti Yoga Studio at 722-9642, e-mail info@ShaktiYogaStudio.ca or visit www.shaktiyogastudio.ca.
• Tango group meets every Thursday, 8:30 p.m. at the RCA Building, 10 Bennett Ave., for practice and dancing Argentine tango. Beginners welcome. Please visit www.tangoontheedge.com.
• The annual flea market in support of The Jimmy Pratt Memorial Soup Kitchen will be held at George Street United Church Saturday, June 12 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• It's the 7th Annual Carstar Soaps it up for Cystic Fibrosis National Car Wash Saturday, June 12 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Carstar Collision Centre, 1085 Topsail Rd. (across from Atlantic Home Furnishing). Tickets are $5.
• A clothes swap will be held at Wesley United, 101 Patrick St., Saturday, June 12, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Bring your unwanted clothing and leave with as much as you want. Cost $3 with clothes, $6 without clothes. Women of all ages and sizes welcome.
• The Newfoundland & Labrador Fiddlers Association will host a jam session and concert Saturday, June 12 at Bay Roberts Lions Club on Coleys Point. Jam session from 2-4 p.m. and the concert will start at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $5.
• The 19th annual Trinity Conception Placentia Health Foundation auction and dinner will take place Saturday, June 12, at the Royal Canadian Legion in Spaniard's Bay. To make a donation, purchase a ticket or for more information, call Don at 945-5289.
• The 43rd Filipino Night with dinner and dance will be held Saturday, June 12 at the Royal Canadian Legion, St. John's. Tickets are $40, $35, $15. For more information, contact Sol at 547-2687, Elisa at 738-1982, Ruth at 364-6805 or Angie at 466-1253.
• The Walmart Walk for Miracles, in aid of the Janeway Children's Health and Rehabilitation Centre, will be held Sunday, June 13 at Quidi Vidi Lake. On site pledge/donation collections will start at 8 a.m. and the walk will begin at 10 a.m. To register or for more information, visit www.walmartwalkformiracles.ca or ask for pledge forms at any Walmart location.
• The Heart and Stroke Foundation Heart and Sole Walk for Heart will take place in Bowering Park Sunday, June 13 at 10 a.m. For more information, call 753-8521 or visit www.heartandstroke.ca.
• The Art Association of Newfoundland Labrador will hold an art show of small original works at the Marriott Courtyard, Duckworth Street, on Sunday, June 13 from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Everyone is welcome. Free Admission.
• Climate Change and the G20: Not Business as Usual - KAIROS North-South Town Hall Meeting - Monday, June 14 from 7- 9:30 p.m. at The Lantern, 35 Barnes Rd. St. John's. Register by phone at 753-8760 or information@ thelantern.nf.net.
• Heavenly Creatures, local animal charity, will conduct a spring appeal. Earn Angel Wings and join our Guardian Angel Program. For more information, visit www.heavenlycreatures.ca or call 739-0077.
• The Family Life Bureau offers counselling services for individuals, couples and families upon request. For more information, call Sr. Loretta Walsh or Helen MacKinnon at 579-0168 or e-mail email@example.com. For a listing of all other programs, visit www.stjohnsarchdiocese.ca/flb.
• Register your children in Canadian Parents for French sponsored themed summer camps focused on sports, crafts, science, space, and mystery. Full and half day camps located at the Centre des Grand Vents, Ridge Road from June 28-August 27. Register at Mun's Lifelong Learning Department. Call 737-7979 or visit www.mun.ca.
• Registration is ongoing for the Capital Subaru St. John's triathlon that will take place Aug. 8. To register or for more information, visit www.stjohnstri.com.
• Did you know that The Kilbride to Ferryland Family Resource Centre offers a Healthy Baby Club that includes: pre-natal education, food supplements, hospital tours and much more. For more information, call 747-8532.
• A new website for the Bay Bulls-Bauline Athletic Association is now up and running. For all updates on what is going on in sport and recreation visit www.bbbaa.net. Any groups wishing to post their recreation/sport events, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Camp Hollywood offers a professional program that is more than a musical theatre camp. Your children will also be introduced to backdrop design, mask art, stage makeup and special effects and costuming the character. Stay tuned for classes coming to Bay Roberts, Clarenville, Labrador City this summer season. Call 722-ACT1 (2281) or e-mail email@example.com.
• To register for the 17th annual Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup as a site co-ordinator or cleanup participant, visit shorelinecleanup.ca or call 1-877-427-2422.
• The RCMP is now accepting applications from town councils and community service groups who are interested in having the Musical Ride come to their town. For information visit www.rcmp.ca and look under the Musical Ride. Applications must be received by July 2010.