Comments

Comments

• Sherrie
    July 02, 2010 - 13:30

My family and I never received the shot..and I have to say to this man..you have a wonderful attitude and I pray the Lord blesses you and your family. It takes alot of will to overcome sickness and I commend you on it. Your story is an inspiration and I hope you live a very fulfilled life.. br br God Bless br Thank you for sharing this heatwarming story

• Lottee
    July 02, 2010 - 13:30

FRED FROM NL: You serious man! You must be lit or something...not a great article??? Go sleep it off bye!
    Mr. McDonald, your attitude and strength are something to be desired...You are indeed a wonderful role model to your family, your daughter and those who are blessed to know you..
    I wish you well...Thank you for sharing your story.

To the boys at the Depot...Get 'er done!

• Michael
    July 02, 2010 - 13:27

First of all, I want to say that I truly admire your attitude & courage. You are a true inspiration to your family and to your community.

You have really opened my eyes to the aftermath of this deadly virus. Even though it may have robbed you physically, it certainly never robbed you of the incredible spirit you have inside of you. It goes to show that life can really start to look up we do.

Stay strong and thank you for sharing your story.

• Brian
    July 02, 2010 - 13:19

I would like to say that this clown Fred has about as much compassion as a rock. What difference is it if he had the needle or not? This happened over a matter of hours.
    The point of the story is to let the readers know what can happen to you in a matter of days. Your life is turned upside down before you know what happened to you. Lighten up Fred and show some compassion for this courageous guy who is airing his situation to let others know what can happen to you in the blink of an eye.

• Newfie Gal
    July 02, 2010 - 13:17

Just reading this gives me cold shivers. br br I did not realize (as well as probably many others) that H1N1 could take its toll so bad. I never got my shot because I figured that it was a flu, you would get it and get over it. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that it would have so many after effects. br br I would like to congratulate Mr. MacDonald on pulling through and still being so upbeat and positive. Most people, when faced with these realities, would just give up. I would fall into this category. br br Also, kudos to Mr. Clancey and others who organized this ride. It is nice to see that so many people still care in this world to not turn their backs on a fellow co-worker, friend, husband, father .....

• Old Man Winter
    July 02, 2010 - 13:15

Wow, seems to be a lot of critiquing going on here and its coming across as whining. Did you not meet the requirements for a position at The Telegram Fred?

• Fred
    July 02, 2010 - 13:13

Not a great article. How about the shot? Did he get it? Was it widely available at the time? If he didn't, was it a cost issue? The person writing the article should have mentioned it. There could be a broader story there.

• Sillynewf
    July 02, 2010 - 13:11

Your positive and upbeat attitude is to be admired and something we all should strive to have! Great role model for your daughter! All the best to you and your family

• Sherrie
    July 01, 2010 - 20:19

• Lottee
    July 01, 2010 - 20:17

I wish you well...Thank you for sharing your story.

To the boys at the Depot...Get 'er done!

• Michael
    July 01, 2010 - 20:14

Stay strong and thank you for sharing your story.

• Brian