Thursday, June 17
- Auditions for the upcoming "Sound of Music," Nov. 9-13, for children (6-16 years) will be held Thursday, June 17 from 6-8:30 p.m. in the Basement Theatre at the St. John's Arts and Culture Centre. Performers must sing a number from this musical.
- Join the Joints In Motion Training Team Thursday, June 17 at 6 p.m. at 78 O'Leary Ave. To register, contact Jen at 579-8190 or 1-800-321-1433 to reserve your space.
- "Here to Stay: Cupids 1610" will open at The Rooms Thursday, June 17 with reception at 7:30 p.m. Everyone welcome. For more information, call The Rooms at 757-8000 or visit www.therooms.ca.
- The Autism Society of NL, Parent 2 Parent Night will be held monthly on the third Thursday from 8 to 9:30 p.m. at 7 High St., second floor, at the Town Square Mall, Grand Falls-Windsor. Visit www.asnl.ca or for information, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 489-4190.
Friday, June 18
- Seniors chair yoga Fridays 10:45 a.m. to noon. Contact Shakti Yoga Studio at 722-9642, by e-mail at info@ShaktiYogaStudio.ca or www.shaktiyogastudio.ca.
- The sixth annual Last Night of the Proms concert will be held Friday, June 18 at 8 p.m. at The Anglican Cathedral of St. John the Baptist. Bring your flags and teddy bears and prepare for audience participation. Teddy bears will be collected to give the RNC. Admission is $15 (Concession $10). For more information, visit www.stjohnsanglicancathedral.org.
Saturday, June 19
- Yoga 101 Saturdays/Sundays from 2-3 p.m. Four-class session. Great for first time yoga practitioners and those wanting an overview of the basic postures. Contact Shakti Yoga Studio at 722-9642, e-mail info@ShaktiYogaStudio.ca or visit www.shaktiyogastudio.ca.
Sunday, June 20
- On Sunday, June 20, the Johnson Geo Centre will celebrate Father's Day with a slate demonstration and workshop by Hurley Slateworks from 1 to 4 p.m. From the slate quarries of Newfoundland to the rooftops and walls of buildings in Europe, Australia and the United States, learn how slate tiles are made and installed. Fathers are admitted free from noon to 5 p.m. when accompanied by a child. Call 737-7884 for more information.
- NL Mustangs Sunday morning Mustang Brunch and Cruise from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Don Cherry's, Freshwater Road, then cruise weather permitting. For more information, visit www.nlmustangs.ca.
- St. John's Orienteering Club event Sunday, June 20 1:30 p.m. at the Holyrood Access Road junction with TCH, small dirt road at the end of the merge lane heading to St. John's. Rain or shine. Maps $2. Beginners welcome. Pre-register on the website to ensure sufficient maps available. For more details, visit www.sji.ca/sjoc or call 737-8634.
- Conception Harbour Country Music open mike show hosts an afternoon of old time country music on the third Sunday of each month. This month's session will be held Sunday, June 20 at the Parish Hall. Doors open at 1:30 p.m. and the fun will start at 2 p.m.
- Bingo every Sunday night at St. Teresa's Parish Hall, 120 Mundy Pond Rd. Doors open 7 p.m. Games begin at 8 p.m. Lots of parking and there is wheelchair access. Rising jackpot each week.
- The Salmonid Association of Eastern Newfoundland (SAEN) will offer fly rod building on Sunday afternoons from 1-3 p.m. Call the office for details at 722-9300.
Monday, June 21
- Exhale Yoga at The Lantern, 35 Barnes Rd. All levels and drop ins welcome Mondays and Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m., Thursdays 7:30 p.m. For more information, call Cheryl at 237-2756 or visit www.exhaleyoga.ca.
- Join the Newfoundland Cardiac Rehabilitation Associations exercise program at the NL Sports Centre Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. For more details, call Barb Baldwin at 579-2593.
- The Down Syndrome Awareness Centre will be open Monday and Tuesday from noon to 5 p.m., Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We are located 21 Pippy Pl., Suite 106.
- Kids Yoga (Age 6-12) Monday afternoons. Contact Shakti Yoga Studio at 722-9642 or e-mail info@ShaktiYogaStudio.ca or visit www.shaktiyogastudio.ca.
- What It Means To Be Catholic. Free of charge weekly multi-media sessions addressing top questions asked about the Catholic faith. Every Monday at 8 p.m. at St. Pius X Church, 16 Smithville Cres. Suitable for both non-Catholics and Catholics. Call 728-9009 or visit PillarOfTruth.org.
Tuesday, June 22
- "Celebrating Summer Solstice," facilitated by the Presentation Retreat Team, will be held Tuesday, June 22 from 7:30-8:30 p.m., at The Lantern, 35 Barnes Rd. To register, call 753-8760.
- "Where Once They Stood," a walking tour celebrating the 400th anniversary of English settlement, is held Tuesdays and Fridays only from 9:15 a.m. at The Sheraton Hotel. Tour lasts about 75 minutes. Reservations: 364-6845. Visit www.boyletours.com.
- The Family Life Bureau has a new six-week anger management course that runs Tuesdays from noon to 1:30 p.m. To register or for more information, call Sr. Loretta Walsh or Helen MacKinnon at 579-0168.
- A free ceramics class for young adults aged 15-35 is being offered by For the Love of Learning Inc. Visit the drop-in centre at Gower United Church Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2:15 p.m.
- Relaxation Yoga Class for all ages and levels at the Church of the Ascension in Mount Pearl Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. and Thursdays at 10 a.m. Call Rita Lester at 368-7643 or 682-7671 to inquire.
- Yoga OM classes Tuesday nights from 7:45 to 9 p.m. at the Lantern. Contact Janice at 237-3689 or www.yoga-om.ca.
- Japanese Language instruction available on Tuesdays and by appointment. Contact Nami Ohara at 743-2883, email@example.com or www.oharaconsulting.ca.
Wednesday, June 23
- Wednesday's 9:30 a.m. Gentle Flow Yoga Class will be held at The Lantern, 35 Barnes Rd. Engage your breath and enrich your life. For more information, visit www.exhaleyoga.ca or call Cheryl at 237-2756.
- Lunch and bridge every Wednesday at the Remax Centre (St. John's Curling Club). Call Shirley Kelly at 754-3260 to book a table.
- Seniors yoga with Sherry Ryan Wednesdays from 1:30-2:30 p.m. at Nova Yoga Studio, 125 Long's Hill. To register, call 753-7267 or e-mail info@sherryryan.
- The VON St. John's site annual general meeting will be held Wednesday, June 23, 7 p.m. at Tiffany Village, Theatre Room. Refreshments to follow.
- The story of the Irish in Newfoundland historical walking tour is held every Wednesday. Meet outside The Rooms at 7:20 p.m. Tour lasts 75 minutes and costs $10.
Thursday, June 24
- Ray of Light Photography will host its second Model Boot Camp "Tribal Elements" a four-day event from June 24-27. For more information or to get involved on any level, call Apryl Stead Pitts at 722-8245 or visit www.rayoflightphotography.ca
- Adult Roller Skating Summer Session will be held at Mile One Centre beginning Thursday, June 24 and running until July 29 on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Come out and enjoy some great fun and get some great exercise too. Rates: Adults $5/seniors and students $4/spectators $3. For up-to-date roller skating schedule information, call 576-7657 or contact Peggy Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 758-5494.
- The Compassionate Friends, a support group for bereaved parents, will meet Thursday, June 24 in Room 2J619, Health Sciences Centre from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Parents dealing with the loss of a child are welcome to attend. For info, call Mary 834-4027.
- Applications for Camp GLOW, a Firefighting Camp for Women, are now being accepted for the following camp dates: St. John's July 19-23 and Stephenville Aug. 9-13. Women must be 17 years of age or older to participate. For more information, visit www.girlsintrades.com, www.mi.mun.ca/ campglow or call Mary at 738-1138 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Arts and Culture Centre's annual Teddy Bear Picnic will take place Friday, June 25, from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Bring along your blanket and picnic basket, and don't forget your teddy bear and sunscreen. Admission: Non-perishable food item.
- Heavenly Creatures walk-a-thon and Family Fun Day Saturday, June 26. Registration starts at 1 p.m. and the walk starts at 2 p.m. at Bowring Park (in the Bob Whelan Field).
- A Canada Day concert will be held Saturday, June 26 at Paddy's Garden, Carbonear. Gate opens at 7:30 p.m. with performances by Auld Bowsies 8 p.m. and Greeley's Reel 10 p.m. For more information, visit www.carbonear.ca or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The annual SPCA Walk for the Animals and Family Fun Day will take place Sunday, June 27 at Bowring Park. Registration starts 1 p.m., walk starts at 2 p.m. For more information and to register online visit www.spcastjohns.org or call 726-0301.
- Bluegrass and Oldtime Country Music Jam session will be held at the Bay Roberts Lions Club Sunday, June 27 at 2 p.m.