Comments

Comments

• Snuggles
    March 07, 2011 - 13:22

I saw her all those 20 years ago when I was a teenager. I was captivated then and was captivated once again this past weekend. She's an awesome performer. There's no need for a fancy stage show when you have such amazing talent on the stage. :)

• do the math
    March 07, 2011 - 12:06

If her show was in 1990...wouldn't that be almost 21 years...not 31?? I was born in 85 which is 5 years before that show and i'm not yet 31.....

• Saucy Face
      March 07, 2011 - 16:20

I stand corrected, thanks for pointing that out Do The Math ... Hell of a show though!

• Wish
    March 07, 2011 - 11:46

it has been 20 years Saucy Face, almost 21. I remember exactly where I was and what time it was when I 1st heard Somebody bring me some water, I was 19 and at The Brother TI Murphy Center in the lunch/hangout/dance area of the building having lunch. I am 40 now, so it was def only 20 years ago...

• Anne
      March 07, 2011 - 16:19

Sheessh everyone, take a pill and calm down. So what if Saucy Face made a mistake on the years? The number years didn't even dawn on me. He obviously was there since he was dead on about the date since I have a ticket stub from the show, the number of people who were there and that incredible duel with the drummer during the Station song. God some people are so crooked!

• Saucy Face
    March 07, 2011 - 10:24

I have to correct Melissa. It's been just under 31 years since she last played here, not 20 years. Up until Saturday, her only other performance took place at a 3/4 full Memorial Stadium on May 17th, 1900 - 13 nights later, David Bowie played there. The highlight of her 1990 show had to be her amazing duel with her drummer during Royal Station 4/16. Still one of the greatest shows we've ever see here. While she has aged and her catalogue has grown considerably since her 1990 show, she is just as amazing as ever on stage.

• Norman Wade
      March 07, 2011 - 11:45

I attended this weekends concert and was not disappointed. The energy that Melissa put forward to the audience was amazing. Her energy levels were constant from start to finish and her voice never wavered. I hope she comes back before another 20 years pass us by. I want to be able to enjoy her again!!!