Comments

Comments

• Kathleen
    March 17, 2011 - 00:09

I love the east coast. I feel like it's a little secret that no one gets. Have to say that Kim Stockwood would not be my first choice. Haven't been to Newfoundland YET. Have been to Nova Scotia & Cape Breton 2X, PEI 1X, amazing, there is just so much to see and feel I could never get enough of the east coast. Have to say it's the first time I have seen Seamus O'Regan as a person. He seems very personable and down to earth.....kinda like the east coast.....

• LocalMusicLover
    March 14, 2011 - 09:02

I can't believe how much negativity is here. It's so sad. I watched the episode of "Back To The Water" and thought it was absolutely fantastic. I was bursting with pride the whole time. It was shot really well and made Newfoundland look absolutely gorgeous. Kim does a great job on all the songs she covers, her voice is very unique and I loved all the different takes she has on NL favorites. I know there are many people away from home who could really appreciate her take on things. I hope the compliments start to drown out the negativity here shortly.

• Political Watcher
    March 12, 2011 - 06:51

Before I get attacked for not jumping for joy over Kim's new CD I will say that there is no greater fan of Newfoundland music and Newfoundland performers. I heard several songs on the CD and have to say that I don't like it; for some reason she just doesn't have the vocal strength to pull it off. Last weekend while listening to a local station, they interviewed Kim and played a coulpe of selections; it was the first time I can ever remember turning off St. John's Waltz. I think she is butchering the songs and only using this as a quick cash grab from home to help sustain her in TO. Again, sorry if I didn't like it and please don't tar and feather me for it.

• Brenda
    March 11, 2011 - 14:31

Mike, your ignorancy is showing. Did you get what I meant or are you just a critic. You and Jeffo should get together. To Kim: there are alot of critics in this world which shows what type of person they really are. Spelling is not a big issue for me like cutting someone down like Mike and Jeffo are doing. Get a life!!!!!!!

• Frank Blackwood
    March 11, 2011 - 12:07

Kim, I understand how you feel. I have been describe by many as being like a buoy on a lobster trap. The trap being Newfoundland and Labrador. I never want to cut the long rope attached to the lobster trap that prevents me from drifting away from my roots. Frank Blackwood Newfoundland Writer

• coveboy
    March 11, 2011 - 09:46

Hey JEFFO.... When is your CD being released. I'm looking forward to hearing it. Those who can......... do...... Those who can't........ are jealous of those who can.

• Brenda
    March 11, 2011 - 09:18

Jeffo, I am sorry, but you are very rude!!! Kim is good at what she does but trying to make it in that business is tuff in Canada. I really enjoy hearing her voice and also "Shaye". Kim and Shaye are not getting the exposer they deserve. Keep going, Kim, you are doing great!!!!! A Fan!!!

• Mike
      March 11, 2011 - 09:47

Brenda, I assume you mean exposure, not "exposer". I'll give you a pass on "tuff" but try tough next time.

• JeffO
    March 11, 2011 - 08:16

Sounds like "Back to the Water" is a desperate attempt to revive a career that's dead in the water.

• pat janes
      March 12, 2011 - 04:33

i agree with jeffo. and you have be pretty desperate if you have to rely on an old ron hynes peice of dribble to try and sell cds. I once saw hynes on tv where he said there is only 1 bob dylan and only 1 ron hynes. glad to know there is only 1 ron hynes .