Comments

Comments

• Susan
    May 21, 2011 - 12:20

A new CCSVI clinic it is available in Bucharest, Doctors team from Bucharest are certified by DR.ZAMBONI in Ferrara and by Dr. Simka in Poland to perform the CCSVI treatment/procedures. The price of the treatment INCLUDING Travel Expenses(flight ticket,accomodation,transfers,­all exams,angioplasty) is 8200 USD for USA/CANADA patients and for europe patients 5100 Euro Incl. Travel expenses.

• Katherine
    May 02, 2011 - 15:55

MS patients have always exhibited vascular symptoms, and the vascular theory and research pre-date the autoimmune theory by many years. MS patients are routinely prescribed outrageously expensive medications that are minimally effective, and let's not forget they are treating something they don't yet know the cause of, and know little about despite the years of research and billions of dollars. It is time to revive the vascular theory and see what it will yield. I can't help but having more confidence in the scientific integrity of the researchers of years past, before billions were at stake.

• Lori Batchelor
    May 02, 2011 - 13:02

People with MS just want a chance at a better quality of life! When I was having pain in my ribs and thought it was the "MS Hug" I was referred for ultrasound and was found to have gallstones. This was treated with gallbladder removal and wasn't questioned even though I also have MS. Why can't people with MS be tested/treated for a recognized vascular condition that might be responsible for some of their symptoms? I have received angioplasty in the U.S. and for some reason the ballooning of my azygos (which was 50% blocked) and both of my jugulars (which were both 90% blocked) coincided with a marked improvement in my balance and my drop-foot. For the first time in 17 years, I can walk unassisted for several hundred metres, without falling. I was always told these were symptoms of my MS and there was no treatment but having restored my blood flow seems to have improved my quality of life. What's wrong with having this chance? Please have a look at my before/after videos: Walking before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUjoY0GEzFk&feature=feedu Lori walking after: http://www.youtube.com/user/lorimayb#p/a/u/0/rhEoCj7GcaA

• GinR
    May 02, 2011 - 12:14

If CCSVI is so different but still occurs in MS patients, why NOT treat their veins? Do people who have MS, who may also have CCSVI, NOT deserve to have free blood flow from their veins? Why does the relationship matter? If a non-MS patient went for vascular issues, it would be covered. Why should it matter if they also happen to have MS? My mom was stented in her LJ and RJ on 12/01/10 in Tampa, FL. With restored blood flow from the jugulars (her azygos was cleared of "webbing" as well), many of my mom's "supposed" MS symptoms have become minimal some disappearing altogether. Her left side drop foot was immediate from the recovery room bed. My mother has improved, which is more than we hoped for. My mom who prior, couldn't walk 20 feet without assistance prior to surgery. Walked the whole 2 miles at the CCSVI Walk-n-Roll charity walk. Unassisted. There are reasons WE believe in CCSVI. There is a reason that MS patients and patient advocates want more research into CCSVI is WE SEE RESULTS! Now is CCSVI the cure or cause, that is why we need more research. However, I think we can hypothesize that CCSVI and MS correlate somehow.

• jade
    May 02, 2011 - 09:26

I agree with Xanthippe. I have seen doctors who treat MSers like me and researchers speak honestly and openly about needing to be sure the treatment is not only safe, but proven scientifically in Facebook and other forms of social media like blogs and they have been attacked by angry CCSVI supporters. Recently, I saw this happen to Zivadinov in Facebook after he released his research. This is the same researcher who early on was a "god" to these same CCSVI supporters. These docs and researchers can get into social media, but really, to what end if people who don't want to listen won't listen.

• Xanthippe
    May 02, 2011 - 09:10

So what should researchers say or do when their results do not validate Zamboni's theory? I'm noticing that Zivadinov's most recent paper is being attacked on CSSVI pages on Facebook. I'm afraid the CCSVI movement will become like the anti-vaccine movement, taking pride in their denialism in science and attacking those who give evidence against their beliefs as being in the pockets of "Big Pharma". I want to know how we get the CCSVI activists to concede and stop playing doctor on Facebook, because there is evidence that CCSVI is NOT the cause of MS and is found even in healthy individuals and individuals with other neurological conditions with vastly different etiologies than MS.