Comments

Comments

• Idar
    September 20, 2014 - 21:23

I had the great pleasure of meeting Ty Conn was a very special person caught in a really hard world. People could learn alot from this book and have some insight into someone else shoes. RIP Ty

• Eric
    December 16, 2012 - 09:54

I went to school with Ty from Marshill public to Foxboro Elementary. Ty was always quiet but was always at our home. He never told us of the horrors with ...DR. CONN and his wife. Had we known what was going on I'm sure my parents would have taken him in. Ty in those days was a great friend and I still today have the soapstone sample he gave me. Alot of good memories. When they pulled him from Foxboro nobody knew where he went and I didnt see him again until I believe 1983-84 when he was being walked through the Century Place parking lot in handcuffs. Ironically Century place was the location of the Guaranteed Trust he robbed.. I miss Ty.

• Dave
    July 24, 2012 - 11:09

Ty was a family freind , I always seen him as a non violent person despite the fact he carried a gun , he despised them and only had 1 because it was a tool of his "job" , he came to visit my family after some of his "fishing trips" from jail and was always quiet reserved and couteous...this is a truely tragic series of events

• RJ
    July 11, 2011 - 05:01

many people with unfortunate childhoods turn out to be productive citizens. By his own admission he was very violent and he was in a maximun securrity prison. That's for a reason,,,47 years is a very serious sentence in this country and only a very few people are incarcareated that long. Hold him accountable, don't make excuses,,,,,,he made his own choices.............

• julie
      December 12, 2011 - 23:20

Unfortunate childhood? Is that how you would describe it? his child hood never existed. How could he have had an "unfortunate childhood" when he never had a childhood at all? You have to be joking. Imagine being 10 years old and RETURNED to the CAS. You can't imagine it. Imagine being totally, completely and utterly alone in this world with no one, and I mean NO ONE who cares about you. No mom, no dad, no grandparents, no aunt, no uncle, no cousin, NO ONE. If you die tomorrow NO ONE WILL NOTICE. That was his life. His entire life. And that my friend doesn't qualify as an unfortunate childhood.

• Lorna
      January 19, 2012 - 19:00

I have read the book who killed Ty Conn what an injustice to a young child put in the care of a Dr. conn and his wife who abused him and made his life a living hell. I first blame the childrens aid society in the county for his cruel placement within 50 days he was adopted by the Conn's where there was another much better placement to be had and it would have happened probably within the guidelines of the regulations of placement and he might be alive today. Dr. Conn and people within the community knew what was happeninng to Ty but nobody cared. Those are the people who are responsible for Tys short life of crime which he was taught well by being locked in his room from the outside of the door and always was told he was a second class of the other members in the household . What a real life story of abuse and contro.