East of Empire, (from left): Reuben Finkel, Jonah Emke, Darhen Sing, Tim Cuff, Annie Warner and Charlie Graham. — Photo by Justin Brake
East of Empire is a six-piece band based in St. John's. In February 2011, the group recorded its first demo album called "Into the Elephant," which attracted three MusicNL Award nominations. Since coming together in the fall of 2010, they have performed at various venues around St. John's, including The Ship Pub, The Levee, Headquarters, The Rock House and CBTG's. For a sample of "Into the Elephant," listen to "Reverie" at thetelegram.com. Click here to listen to Reverie.
- Read more special articles:
- Fresh Tracks - Duane Andrews and Craig Young
- Fresh Tracks - Tonya Kennedy
- Fresh Tracks - Scott Downey
- Fresh Tracks - Sherman Downey