Comments

Comments

• Jonathan
    April 19, 2012 - 17:51

This article, A Sobering Tale of Chinese Immigrant Dreams, Failures, and Fears in Belize might also prove interesting to readers here : http://learnchinesebusiness.com/a-sobering-tale-of-chinese-immigrant-dreams-failure-and-fears-in-belize/

• Bonnie Butler
    March 25, 2012 - 17:45

We have known a chiness family a long time and they are the salt of the earth.A very caring loving family and it hurts us to think that thier ancestors were badly treated,Shame on these people and we ask thier forgivness for being treater that way.This family has shown us kindness that our own newfoundlanders on times have not. We are happy that they made this place thier home.

• Judy
    March 25, 2012 - 17:02

We are all God's Children and I am so sorry .

• sue
    March 24, 2012 - 23:29

I recall as a school girl, having chips at Gins or the Candle LIte Restaurant for lunch. Whenever I am back in St. John's, having lived outside the country for many decades, I smile as I drive by childhood locations that remind me of my childhood, as the City has changed so very much.

• Dianna K. Goneau Inkster
    March 24, 2012 - 21:30

A great analogy between how Newfoundlanders treated the people from China and of Chinese descent and how Newfoundlanders themselves are treated by mainlanders. Here in Kingston they are generally just lumped in with people from the Maritimes, but in southern Ontario the attitude is harder.

• Conrad
    March 24, 2012 - 15:04

People are people, no matter what you look like or where you came from. We are all pretty much the same. Good and bad people everywhere. Disliking someone because they are from elsewhere is pretty stupid.

• Jeremiah
    March 24, 2012 - 08:24

For many decades I have been blessed to have people of chinese ancestory as close friends and acquaintances. As a born and bred Newfoundlander of irish/english ancestory, I feel proud and blessed to have enjoyed this experience. The chinese community have contributed so much to us as a people and to the province as a whole. I, for one, thank you.