Comments

Comments

• Foley Huck
    September 01, 2012 - 15:10

Another shout out from Beaconsfield/blue river alum. Darren has been honing his craft a long time...it's good to see he's rockin' the four corners of the globe. Atta boy Darren!

• Janeatt
    August 31, 2012 - 07:44

Hello Mr. Perks!! You're right, that is the same sweet shy Darren brown that we went to high school with at Beaconsfield. We were great friends back then, and it kinda makes me proud to see him profiled like this! Our paths still cross from time to time, and I smile big everytime they do!

• Bill Perks
      August 31, 2012 - 14:42

Hi Miss J Beaconsfield was pretty musical . A lot of great talent came out of that school.

• Alex
    August 30, 2012 - 08:39

Yes Bill,I'm sure it is the same Darren. He went to Beaconsfield as far as I can recall.

• Bill perks
    August 30, 2012 - 07:07

If this is the same Darren I knew at Beaconsfield High, he was a great player then.

• Alex
    August 29, 2012 - 22:10

Boobie is an amazing guitarist.Definitely one of the best around.I've had the pleasure of meeting him several times and he is very humble and just plays his heart out.

• LAMB
    August 29, 2012 - 19:31

The reason you haven't heard to him Donald Dooley is because he is one of the most humble guys you'll ever meet. And he's usually in the background letting others shine. BTW, what is it that you do besides troll around the internet looking to insult others? I"m guessing not much.

• Chad Pelley
    August 29, 2012 - 09:49

(He also plays in Pilot to Bombardier. Their album, Juliet on Fire keep Clear, is the best out of the province this year. See that too, Donny.)

• Chad Pelley
    August 29, 2012 - 09:29

Donny Dooley: You haven't heard of a lot of great stuff by the sound of it. Anyone with a finger on the pulse of the local music scene knows the guy, and the bands mentioned here, and anyone who plays the world over, or on as many albums as Boobie has, and plays as many instruments so fluently as Boobie is a local musician we should be happy to call ours. Instead of making some offhand, ill-informed comment like that. Buck up, man. And treat yourself to a Burning Hell, Subtitles, or Sherry Ryan Album.

• Donny Dooley
    August 29, 2012 - 08:06

He's so good I've never heard of him or the local bands he's played with! Legend in his own mind I s'pose.

• P.
      August 29, 2012 - 08:56

You are obviously completely disconnected from music in St. John's and NL at large. Boobie rules, one of the best guitarist to ever come out of NL, just google his resume you small town/minded meanie