Comments

Comments

• Eastender Also.
    November 04, 2012 - 15:32

Yes I am in Ward 2 also,I don,t say most in Ward 2 had any mayor concerns but if you do don,t expect much help from Galgay he don,t handle stressful situations very well,now if it,s something simple he is great.As for Mr Barber giving you hair cuts,I don,t say you were even charged so the right thing for you to do is to support his brother with your $19.95 donation.

• Frozen Hoser
    November 04, 2012 - 00:13

Wow....such negativism. Cmon folks....lighten up...it's Christmas ! Let's enjoy it.

• Bradley George
    November 03, 2012 - 20:54

Mr. Galgay is doing a wonderful thing here! I am not in my 60"s , but can relate to what he is trying to express here. When I was a kid, I remember his brother Gus "The Barber" would come to our home and cut all our hair, while Francis chatted with my sister and mom. This was before he had his own shop. The same values Frank believed in carried on to Gus. Who else would you like to get your history about Christmas from? I will be buying one , and I am also "IN HIS DISTRICT" !

• Buddy Dudeman
    November 03, 2012 - 15:40

Galgay talks about the commercialism of Christmas and how we've lost some of the aura surrounding Christmas because of it.... yet he himself, and the book itself, is a part of that commercialism. He wants it to sell. He'll be clogging up the aisles at various stores for book signings so that (more) people will buy it. He says people are tired of being exposed to it... yet here he is exposing them to it. Right on, buddy!

• Eastender
    November 03, 2012 - 09:10

I hope he,s a better writer then a councillor

• Vic
      November 03, 2012 - 21:44

Uh, did you read the article? It clearly says he didn't write the book, just compiled the stories. Sounds like a lovely book, that may give people back a little bit of the true meaning of Christmas (unlike the commercialism he talks about in the article. Anyone who has ever published a small market book can tell you that you don't do it to make money!!). PS, I am a ward 2 resident and I have always found Mr. Galgay to be a great councillor.