‘Don’t Tell the Newfoundlanders’
- Greg Malone will launch his new book, “Don’t Tell the Newfoundlanders: The True Story of Newfoundland’s Confederation with Canada” Tuesday. — Submitted photo
- Joey Smallwood (centre) and Gordon Bradley (left), former chairman of the National Convention of Newfoundland and Newfoundland Confederate Association member, with Canadian officials in Ottawa. — Submitted photo
- Franklin D. Roosevelt (left) and Winston Churchill in Placentia to proclaim the Atlantic Charter, Aug. 14, 1941. — Submitted photo
- Top of the page
- - May 14, 2013 at 23:15:01
Should be read by every living Newfoundlander
- - November 20, 2012 at 11:41:15
stephen you are entitled to your opinion,just think for a second and think who was the one spoke jibberish???? hint go talk to your clergy.it is written!!!! and we are allowed to have ours????
- - November 18, 2012 at 14:32:09
The only country that would accept NL was Canada, in 1949 nobody cared about iron ore or fish, as Canada was awash in them. Factories were the game at the time, NL was a seperate country to close to North America, after the war this was not acceptable, so join or be taken over, Lab would have gone to Que, USA traded NL for Alaska Highway in 1942. Canad had the worlds third largest navy and it's factories and cities were untouched by the war, thus they one of the two winners ( USA) of the war. Winners always pick up the remains, Britian was finished as a power.
- - November 18, 2012 at 12:09:05
What are you talking about? At least try and be somewhat literate before posting jibberish.
- - November 17, 2012 at 13:50:48
who said any one come out of the recession all they done was legalize booze and have corrupt elections,our first father of confederation and behind door closed deals,some thing like our days politics,but not so much out as todays government but out in the open for any one that under stands it and what i am talking about is corruption and destruction.It is written!!!! And what is it you are wittnessing today in the world as you see it in your own words.Roman empire politics and tatics in modern times and religous beliefs and scandals that you know about and what you are not told about,so you have to research what has been done,and what is beening done in the world today when you look at justice, politics,laws, rights the only thing seems to be operating is bussiness and out in the open and behind scenes corruption if you live in this world you know about it,now how can you say you are out of the recession????not just the recession???? read between the lines???? and do not for get the media????