Comments

Comments

• Happy
    November 29, 2012 - 07:21

I would first like to say how proud I am to see our economy thriving so well, with wonderful choices restaurants and entertainment !!!! David no fear of over eating with a taster menus ! and for the pricing it is not for every budget, however we are fortunate to have a wide range of reauturants to fit any budget! So I say way to go Newfoundland !!!!

• Michelle
      November 29, 2012 - 12:07

Long standing restaurants like the Cellar .... where has Wells been? The cellar closed its doors and left lots of people holding unused gift cards

• david
      November 29, 2012 - 17:52

Ancient Romans measured their wealth with big, fat guts too...so you got that goin' for you.

• david
    November 28, 2012 - 11:14

Over-eating is what is thriving in Newfoundland. This place is a celebration of diabetes, heart disease and stokes. But it is quite unique that St. John's has gone from basically having no access to a fresh vegetable or fruit, to directly now having all these exotic, ethnic restaurants.....there's usually at least several decades along the path when people enjoy improved nutrition, heatlhy fresh ingredients, and learn to cook better themselves. We're not on that plan, b'ye! No time for that nonsense!

• Al
      November 28, 2012 - 13:29

David you literally stole those thoughts from me. I could not agree more with you. It is never a smart strategy to swing between two extremes. Why not give them both a miss and try some common sense based healthy options that do not cost you yur mortgage or the first born? Now I reckon that wouldn't be worthy of a news item on this paper but atleast it will help ordinary folks like me. Thats just my two cents - I ain't got $325 for that 12 course meals , sorry me dear

• mike
      November 29, 2012 - 21:54

Way to go Newfoundland, and a huge congratulations to Raymonds for taking culinary delight to the highest level!!! I am so proud to be part of the growing energy of this place! The arts, food, music, architecture, culture, tourism, there are so many great things happening here!