Comments

Comments

• A neighbor
    January 06, 2013 - 09:48

Yes James I do live in a wonderful neighbor hood, and Karan that is why we elect city members to represent us hen we need it,they don,t have to be there they could it home and enjoy their pensions like everyone else.By the sound of this you are all clients of this business and good for her and you.But you are missing the point,downtown business were Duckworth Street,Water Street but now these business had taken over all of downtown,houses had been turned into 3-4 apartments,yes there were little candy stores here and there.But parking had become a problem down here,and it's not that I just bought a car,so don,t sound so selfish Karan and James when we are just looking for a place to park.Do you know that me as resident is only allowed to have one visitor,s pass for my family or a friend to visit,but a bed and breakfast can have three passes,but when they put in a request for a permit to run a B&B that they did,nt need parking,because downtown guest don,t have cars they like to walk,what a scam they are using.So be fair to us.

• Jaye
    January 04, 2013 - 20:14

I received some Esskin products for Christmas and they've become fast favourites!! My hair feels (and smells!) wonderful and healthy after using the shampoo, I can't believe the difference after only a few washes. And I didn't realize how harmful some of the chemicals that we use daily really are - lipstick is a great example. It's wild to think how careful we are about the foods we put into our bodies, but most people don't think twice about what's in the products we put ON them. It's wonderful to see this kind of natural products being developed, and I love knowing that this kind of care and attention to detail went into developing them. I highly recommend Esskin products for anyone who hasn't tried them!

• Karan
    January 04, 2013 - 16:30

People complaining because they bought cars, while living downtown, and now have trouble parking because their neighbours also bought cars? Seriously, you can't make this stuff up! Lets shut down all the businesses downtown - to alleviate the parking problems! Of course, that would also mean a drop in property value... No wonder city councillors all appear to be nuts. You'd have to be crazy to listen to these complaints all day long. You're screwed if you do a good job. You're screwed if you do a bad job.

• Neighbor
    January 03, 2013 - 15:41

@Ruth I,m sure the product is wonderful,and @James Do you think 35 years ago when we bought our homes that we would be fighting today for a place to park,off course not we were to poor to even own a car.The only place we could afford tp buy was downtown,i don,t own a deep fryer,I,m not a junkie,I,m not an alcoholic.But I,m a older person who cannot get parking,because of all these B&B,s,Breweries,and other business,there are still older families on this street and surrounding areas that had been there for more then 40 years.So sir please don,t tell me to pay for my parking,I have been paying for more then 35 years.

• James
      January 04, 2013 - 16:23

@neighbour: So you are upset because you live in a healthy, thriving neighbourhood? Wow - sounds to me like you are in a great place.

• James
    January 03, 2013 - 14:21

@A Neighbour - how is using your stove to melt a bit of wax more dangerous than everyday cooking? I'd be more worried about the neighbour with the deep fryer, the alcoholic, the junkie, or even the smoker then I would the natropath who is developing a craft, creating a very small-scale product that is thought to improve the local economy, the environment, and to improve overall health. As for parking - the business is in the middle of downtown - the perfect location for mixed use buildings, especially for clients that are more environmentally and socially conscious. Free parking is a privilege not a right. If you want a designated parking space - then pay for it. It has been free for to long - thus our broader community's general lack of interest in improving social or environmental health.

• Ruth Lawrence
    January 03, 2013 - 13:47

Congratulations, Esther. I bought some of your ESSKIN products as Christmas gifts and treated myself to a lipstick that I've been using every day since. I Iove it and use it knowing I'm doing something good for my body and the neighbourhood!

• A neighbor
    January 02, 2013 - 21:26

How does the city give a permit to a person to run this kind of business,with a small stove in a basement,highly residential area,row housing all the homes are well over 100 years old,tinder boxes just well to say.And let's not forget the 3 alarm fire that took place in that same row of houses that almost took the whole block out some years back.Also where to the residents park with all the business that they are running.Don,t tell me they don,t need parking because I am one of the ones fighting for a spot to park.