Comments

Comments

• Wren
    January 11, 2013 - 21:26

Well b'oys.. I love this show so much I named my Border Collie ~ Jake Doyle! He's learning to sing.. " O Yeah" ! Cheers, all!

• Doyle fan
    January 06, 2013 - 10:49

I can't wait for Sunday night! Republic of Doyle has done such incredible things for Newfoundland and Canadian television. Something you're probably not thinking is that ROD spends millions and millions of dollars in the province and provided hundreds of jobs. And your point about Allan Hawco being no one other than Allan Hawco is ridiculous. By your point someone can only be successful if we make it somewhere else? Lobsters love to claw each other back down into the pot don’t they?

• ROD Fan
    January 05, 2013 - 16:51

Great show. Great cast. Great scenery! Great writing! Can't wait for Sunday night!

• RoD fan
    January 04, 2013 - 16:41

If real life characters are fair game, perhaps a contest on their website to submit a story based on local characters or events would be fun. Just something to consider. Over the years, St. John's has had plenty of characters.

• pissed off
    January 04, 2013 - 14:13

Dear Joe, i do not like your comment about virginia park. There are many good, hard working, educated and successful people who live in that area, or who have lived in that area like myself. It is ignorant people like you who promote untruths about a neighborhood without ever having been there. Virginia Park is a community based, family oriented neighborhood where neighbors help each other. Looking forward to the new season.

• Joe
      January 07, 2013 - 08:57

@pissed off. I infact did live in Virginia park a few years ago. I lived on Watson Cres. Nothing but welfare recipients, and pill pushers.

• concerned citizen
    January 04, 2013 - 13:31

That stupid REPUBLIC OF BOIL is only one of the biggest wastes of tax payers money from that stupid PC government and Allan Hawco is just Allan Hawco.......................no one more and nothing more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STUPID, STUPID, STUPID WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY SHOW

• Doyle Fan
      January 05, 2013 - 16:42

Dear concerned Citz, What a negative way to start my day. First of all Republic of Doyle spends millions and millions of dollars in the province and provided hndreds of jobs. And you point about Allan Hawco being no one other than Allan Hawco is ridiculous. By your point someone can only be successful if we make it somewhere else? Lobsters love to claw each other back down into the pot don’t they? It’s obvious you’re jealous about something. I love ROD!

• Whaddaya At ?
    January 04, 2013 - 12:10

Gander native Brad Peyton ' directed ' Michael Caine ?. ' The ' Michael Caine ?. Peyton will have that in his scrapbook to show the grandkids. Not so sure Michael Caine will, though. lol.

• Joe
    January 04, 2013 - 09:06

He must be talking about Virginia park.

• DEW
      January 06, 2013 - 19:26

Virginia Park is a hellhole. Montague, Watson Street and Watson Crescent and NFLD Court. The main reason its a hellhole.

• saelcove
    January 04, 2013 - 08:42

Your tax dollars at work

• Fred
    January 04, 2013 - 08:21

It seems that CBC is giving up on ROD this year. I have seen very few individual promotional ads specifically for ROD. There are lots of ads for the Dragon Den, Artic Air, and Mr D. I hope this is not the case, but I fear it is. Sad.

• Trudy Vei
    January 04, 2013 - 08:07

Thank you for the update... great news and looking forward to the 'beginning' of this new season!

• Paperatzi
    January 04, 2013 - 07:31

I saw Des the other day around town. So, obviously he survived the shooting. I've also checked the obituaries and have not seen it yet.

• Joe
      January 07, 2013 - 09:03

@paperatzi. Are you for real. You do know that the shooting wasn't real. It's a tv show. In that case I will check the Colorado obituaries every week to see if Kenny McCormick from South Park is in it